Hotels Near Universal

SunnyOne

Earning My Ears
Can anyone recommend a hotel (budget priced) near US with a shuttle? The closer the better. Thanks.

I know there is a Doubletree and a Holiday Inn - not sure about the prices, but I am pretty sure they have shuttle's.:)

we stayed at the doublrtree on major blvd and its a nice hotel and we were planning on going back next year but the have raised thier prices to 249 a night and for that price i would rather stay onsite.
I mean come on its a good clean hotel but nowhere near a 249 a night hotel.:sick:

Can anyone recommend a hotel (budget priced) near US with a shuttle? The closer the better. Thanks.

I'm starting to rethink my hotel decision for January and started to do off-site hotel research. I'm looking at the Rodeway and the Hawthorn at this time.

Any hotel you check out you could ask them if they are a Disney Good Neighbor Hotel. These hotels do have to meet certain standards and are visited by Disney CMs. If they don't meet certain guidelines they will revoke their GNH status.
I don't know if Universal has a program like Disney has with GNH. But you might ask them too.
It will probably be like off site hotels near Disney: the closer, the more $ for one you where you would want to stay.

I was looking for a close off-site hotel for mid October of this year and found this one, Hyatt Place Orlando/Universal .25 miles from Universal and includes breakfast. Just had renovations completed in Aug.07 for $109.00-$139.00 night. I'm going to consider this one.

We stayed at the Sleep Inn across the street from Universal for 5 days in July 2006 and was very please with the hotel. The rooms were a little small but there is a 24 hour Drug Store right next door and the Continental Breakfast in the morning was good. Plus we only paid 70 dollars a night during 4th of july weekend.

Hampton Inn ran us $100 per night for this weekend...We've not been before, but it is supposedly the closest of the Hilton family hotels to Uni. We'll see.

Go to the Universal site and check the vacation packages. You can do hotel only and they do have partner hotels. The Doubletree is one of their partner hotels and I got two nights there through Universal for $210 (the hotel's website was quoting $249 for one night during the same time period).

Just got back. Hampton Inn on Windhover Drive was only a $5 cab ride away from Citywalk. Literally, took 5 minutes to get there. They have a free shuttle, but I will tell you that it was not available to bring us back to the hotel when we wanted it. We used it each morning to take us to Citywalk, so that was nice.

The hotel was a typical Hampton. Decent accomodations. Clean. A little noisy on Sat night after HHN let out, but it died down.

For $98.10 (AAA rate) per night, I recommend :)

We've got the Clarion booked for our next trip (which is about five more weeks away), I think it's around 70-90 a night (we booked it for 35/night through a friend who works for the chain), but apparently it's about a 15-20 minute walk to the parks and they also have a free shuttle.
I'll report back and let you know how it is.

If your looking to save money, I usually stay at the Days Inn at Maingate Universal. It's located directly across the main entrance to Universal (across Kirkman road on Caravan Court). It cost about $55/night. Nothing fancy, just your typical Days Inn. There is a Denny's attached (it's actually a privately owned restaurant now but still served the Denny's menue and charged my credit card as a Denny's), and a TGIFridays across the street. There is a shuttle to the park but I've never used it. You can also walk to the parks, it's a 15-20minute walk to the turnstiles.

I don't think anyones mentioned the Universal Best Western, which is basically just across one of the main streets from the property. Its no Portifino or Royal Pacific but its decent for the price which last time I was there (first visit to Universal) it was around $70 a night. But that was about 7 or 8 years ago. It is the closest Best Western to Universal so if you go to their website it will pop up as the Universal BW.

We just came back and spent our 'HHN' nights at the Floridian Hotel.
Granted, I got a deal using a $50 off ORbitz coupon paired with a 2 nights for 1 hotel coupon (making my rate less than $15 a night....BUT if it keeps its 2 for 1, I think you'd be ok with $33 a night. The hotel is about 3 miles or less from US, rooms have 2 doubles and our also had a window seat that could sleep a child. AC worked and the bath didn't have grout yuckies (my pet peeve). Free breakfast including waffles, 24 hour coffee tea. Worked for us!

Has anyone stayed at the Homewood Suites Hotel its about 1mile from the park? Thanks in advance.

Has anyone stayed at the Homewood Suites Hotel its about 1mile from the park? Thanks in advance.
Stayed there in June. It was great! Very clean, plenty of room. Breakfast was a hot buffet, and Mon-Thur they have a hot managers reception w/ beer, wine, hot dinner. It was so close to the parks, we'd stay there again in a heartbeat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter