Hotels near Miami/Ft Lauderdale

dunbarfamily

I'm a proud WDW-loving wife and mama to six
Hi all!

In just 60 days, my husband and I will board the Wonder for a 5 night cruise. (Without the kids! :love:) Its our fourth DCL cruise, but first from Miami. Can anyone recommend hotels in either Miami or Fort Lauderdale? We're not sure yet which airport we will fly into.

Thanks!

We are in the same cruise as you ! We are flying into FLL and probably going to stay in Miami over night

I stayed in FLL at the Marriott Courtyard. They had a free shuttle. There isn't much walking distance but there is a restraint right next door in a Bass Pro Shop. Pretty decent food. I then took the shuttle to the airport and took another shuttle to Miami for $15 on SAS shuttle.

We flew into Ft Lauderdale since it was much cheaper. Took SAS transport to hotel in Miami: Hilton Grand Biscayne Bay. A short taxi ride from Bongo's Cafe and a seaside shopping mall with tons of restaurants (there were also several restaurants on site, but we didn't try them). The next morning we took the hotel's shuttle (not free but not very expensive) to the port.

I'm sure you could find cheaper places to stay, but we look for Hiltons since we're members of their club.

Holiday Inn at Port of Miami. Decent hotel at a good price with tons of taxis outside to take you to the port. CVS is one block away and will have anything you may need. Did all of this (including GO) last month. Will do it again in March for the Wonder.

We stayed at the Intercontinental Miami and really like it. If you luck out you may get a room with a port view. There was also a park for the kids to play on across the street.

As a side, if you stay in that area (at the Intercontinental or Holiday Inn) - we ate a Bayside Market Place and it was fine, but next time we might explore some of the other restaurants in the area - I went on a walk the night before the cruise and ran into a lot of places that looked good.

We sail Oct 31 and are staying at the Holiday Inn port of Miami. Got good reviews and seemed to make the most sense to us...we can run to CVS if we need things and just taking a cab in the morning to the port.

We too have stayed at holiday inn. Great location. However if you have never been I highly recommend getting to south beach. Lots of great food and people watching.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter