• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hotels in Portland

Kelsey'sMom

Earning My Ears
Thinking about flying out of Portland Maine in November, what hotels do you suggest we stay at, we are looking for one that we can leave our van at that's close to the airport with a shuttle, that's easy to get to. Also places to eat and shop nearby. Thanks. :goodvibes

Hotel - This depends on how cheap you are. A Park and Fly at the HoJo South Portland runs around $100 before taxes (2 star). A Park and Fly at Embassy Suites runs around $200-250 (3 star ... quite nice).

Both Have a shuttle to the airport for free. Hojo has a simple breakfast, Embassy has a much better breakfast, plus a managers reception in the evening (free snacks).

Eat? Usually we get there at 5 to 6pm and fly out the next morning, so I'm not experienced with their restuarants. I go to Hannafords, a grocery store nearby, its like Sobeys (actually Sobeys owned them until a few years ago). There is also the Maine Mall ...

Both of the fore mentioned hotels are close enough that a 5 minute drive would get you to eateries ....

Note: There are numerous other hotels in this area ... just be careful when searching. It would be easy to confuse Portland Maine with Portland Oregon.

Ted

The Hampton Inn is a good spot. It has a pretty good breakfast and the shuttle takes you to and picks you up from the airport (which is clcose by). The Maine Mall is also just across the street.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter