Hotels for Family of 6 near Seaworld

theduhaimes

Mouseketeer
We are planning a trip to visit Seaworld and Disney over Thanksgiving. We are staying at a Disney hotel for that portion of our trip but need to find a hotel for the Seaworld portion. We are a family of 6 -- 2 adults and 4 kids. We will have a rental car so it does not need to be right there. We are looking for something big enough for our family, CLEAN and includes free breakfast and parking. Any recommendations would be much appreciated. We have never stayed off Disney property before and I do not know where to start.

We are staying at Worldquest Resort this spring. They have 1-3 bedroom/bathroom condos, free continental breakfast, and free parking. They get very good reviews on Tripadvisor. hth

ETA, we have also stayed at Floridays and enjoyed it, but it is more $

Check out the Residence Inn SeaWorld.....it definitely fits your family's needs. We stayed there on our Christmas trip and thought it was great. See my trip report (there's a link in my signature) for lots of photos of the room and common areas (breakfast room, courtyard, pool, hot tub, etc.).

The breakfast buffet is complimentary and very, very expansive for a free inclusion. Hot items change a bit each day so there's some variety.

Internet is free. Parking is free. This is a SeaWorld onsite hotel, so Quick Queue passes are provided free for your entire family, as are shuttles to the SW parks.

Your family would fit into either one or two bedroom suite. Our one bedroom had two queen beds in the bedroom and a queen pullout sofa in the living area. The two bedroom would give a second separate sleeping area and three TV's instead of two.

Each suite has a full kitchen, with a full size fridge, dishwasher, stove, etc.

Front desk staff were GREAT. Breakfast staff were the most pleasant and friendly we have ever met. The hotel was very clean and bright.

The pool is a good size with zero entry. The hot tub is nice and hot but lacks bubbles. There is a sport court onsite for the kids to play basketball. There are barbecues in the courtyard for guest use if you want to 'cue up lunch or dinner. There's a Pizza Hut Express onsite that's much pricer than a regular Pizza Hut but very convenient. There's also a bar by the pool area.

Parking is ample.

There's a CVS Pharmacy just a stone's throw away. If you are getting to the parks by car, its less than 5 minutes to SW.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you for the replies! I was looking at the Residence Inn but now I am going to read your review.

The Springhill Suites Sea World is a good option too. It will accommodate 6 in a room, offers free breakfast and free parking and is an official Sea World hotel so you get those benefits as well. Free shuttle, Quick Queue Unlimited, etc.

I'm going to move this thread over to the Orlando Hotels and Attractions board for more responses.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn on 535 (one that gives all ears discounts) used to be Holiday Inn Sunspree. Has kid suites with 2 bunks and king. beware that the wall between the "rooms" doesn't go all the way to ceiling. We stayed there when we went to Sea World 2 years ago and it was convenient enough. Free kids meals at Applebee's that is attached. Microwave and mini fridge in room.

I will say we didn't enjoy this as much last June when we made a last minute trip for Star Wars Weekend, but that was partly due to traffic and driving to HS.

Take a look at the Hilton Grand vacation club Seaworld. Very nice and just across the street. So much room and things to do.

Another vote for Residence Inn then Springhill Suites. We have stayed at both. Marriott Cypress Harbor is another one that we like- it is a condo though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter