Hotel with shortest walk to beach

IncredibleboysMom

DIS Veteran
I know that there are many hotels advertised to be ON the beach in Cocoa. Our 8 year old son has a physical disability and a 200 yard walk to the beach won't work. If there aren't any hotels REALLY close to the beach, we will go back to Country Inn and Suites (a great place by the way). I've looked at Best Western, Hilton, Holiday Inn, Courtyard and Hampton Inn and was wondering if anyone can tell me the real deal about how far we would have to walk to the beach.

Thanks!

Best Western is beachfront and if you ask, you can have the closest room to the beach. It is not far at all. I am horrific in meters and such, but it takes roughly 2 minutes from the room to the beach...There is a walkway to get there.

The Oceanside Inn is beachfront - about as close as you can get. It is right on the beach, located next to Best Western. Oceanside Inn might be a bit closer. (With Best Western be sure to get an oceanside room as some rooms are a bit further. )

The Hilton is on the beach as well, but it has a wooden walkway over the "dunes" to the beach, which is only about 50 ft long but has steps on either side.

IncredibleboysMom said:
I know that there are many hotels advertised to be ON the beach in Cocoa.

Sorry, there are no beaches in Cocoa. But there are some in Cocoa Beach. As a local, I felt the need clear this up. ;) Cocoa and Cocoa Beach are 2 different cities. *zerog runs for cover*

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter