Hotel w/in close drive to OC Convention Ctr & WDW

Plumeria9

DIS Veteran
My daughter's volleyball team is probably going to a big tournament in June (6/16-6/20/14) and will be playing primarily in the Orange County Convention Center, north or south bldg, and possibly at the HP Fieldhouse (ESPN complex). My plan is to try to be w/in a reasonable driving distance for the tournament, 6 miles or less, then move to a Disney hotel afterwards. I was looking at some Extended Stay hotels; something w/ a mini kitchen (refer, microwave) would be great. Would prefer queen/queen, w/ a sleeper would be great. Any info based on experience would be greatly appreciated!
changed my mind a lot on this as I have heard more about the tournament. We should be able to go into WDW during the tournament, so maybe I want to be closer to WDW. For sure need queen/queen plus refer and micro. Also want a solid shuttle service to WDW and perhaps the convention center. Also want a decent pool. I want to stay under $120/ night. We can get reservations through the housing dept for the tournament, so there are some good rates for hotels that are priced over that, so I appreciate all of your suggestions! TIA!

I've stayed at the Extended stay America on 8750 Universal blvd and remember the rooms being very comfortable.It had a free breakfast that wasn't amazing but not bad.It's not right next to the convention center but I would consider it walking distance.It's a good location as the area around the convention center is the best of the International Drive area.

I've stayed at the Extended stay America on 8750 Universal blvd and remember the rooms being very comfortable.It had a free breakfast that wasn't amazing but not bad.It's not right next to the convention center but I would consider it walking distance.It's a good location as the area around the convention center is the best of the International Drive area.
Thanks for the great info!!!:worship:

Recently returned from a stay at the Extended Stay America on Universal blvd that was mentioned above it is in a great location and is quite inexpensive but you definitely get what you pay for !!!
It is advertised as newly renovated and has new flooring but that is about it the rooms look really worn and tired. My biggest peeve though was that housekeeping only comes every 3 days , no extras not even shampoo in rooms..

Recently returned from a stay at the Extended Stay America on Universal blvd that was mentioned above it is in a great location and is quite inexpensive but you definitely get what you pay for !!!
It is advertised as newly renovated and has new flooring but that is about it the rooms look really worn and tired. My biggest peeve though was that housekeeping only comes every 3 days , no extras not even shampoo in rooms..

Good information to know, thanks!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter