• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hotel Train from Barcelona to Paris

How did you like it? Was it worth the time/money? I am coming off of the cruise and I am considering it as a way to get to Paris.

I enjoyed it and found it to be a good way to travel without losing a night in a hotel. My boyfriend did not enjoy it and found the motion a bit strange.

I would say it was worth it, we stayed in a first class cabin with our own ensuite (shower and toilet) and would only travel on it again if we could afford to do it in first class. Also included in our ticket was dinner and breakfast, cant comment on the breakfast as we didnt go to it but the dinner was a lovely 3 course meal with drinks included :thumbsup2

I think a lot of people expect it too be spacious in first class, its not, we were going for a 2 week holiday so had 2 large suitcases with us and we struggled to fit them next to the fold down beds. Saying that it was a new way to travel and was lots of fun.

If you have any other questions about it just ask

HI! I'm planning on taking the train from Barcelona to Paris. I will be on the Magic's Transatlantic. We are planning on staying 5 nites at Disneyland Paris. Where do you buy tix for this train. I want first class. I will be traveling with my cousin and my autistic son. Please keep in touch.

HI! I'm planning on taking the train from Barcelona to Paris. I will be on the Magic's Transatlantic. We are planning on staying 5 nites at Disneyland Paris. Where do you buy tix for this train. I want first class. I will be traveling with my cousin and my autistic son. Please keep in touch.

My wife read about this in a guide book. Here are the 2 sites mentioned in the book. www#seat61#com & www#raileurope#com. The book says that the fares start at 100 euros.

We are stiil looking at this, but at this point we are leaning towards getting a flight. Funny thing though, we are going on the Magic for the Med cruise after our trip to Paris. Originally we we going to visit after the cruise, but we will visit before.

The Man in Seat Sixty-One is a brilliant site :thumbsup2 it was originally just a hobby for a rail enthusiast and anything he doesn't know isn't worth knowing!

Also, have a look at this article here as it mentions a new train service between Paris and Barcelona.

Also, there's something in the back of my mind about a friend taking the train from Paris to Barcelona before her Med cruise, only she went to the next town along from Barcelona because it was cheaper. Bear with me while I find out. :)

ETA: Yes, she took the train to Port Bou then caught a local one to Barcelona. The whole trip report is here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter