• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hotel Taxes when using points

tukogirl

Mouseketeer
We are renting points and know we will be responsible for Hawaii state hotel taxes upon checkout. How are these taxes calculated? Rack rate? Point price? I want to be sure I have this included in my budget. Rack rate taxes would be significantly more than what I paid!

Thanks so much, this is great! I was anticipating it to be about $260. So this is way better!

Okay, now I'm thoroughly confused. How do you calculate?
It's pretty straightforward. For example, based on the chart, if you're staying in an ocean view studio from 12/1/16 - 12/5/16 (4 nights), your transient accommodations tax would be $28 ($7/night x 4 nights).

Gotcha! I was making it way more complicated!
It's pretty straightforward. For example, based on the chart, if you're staying in an ocean view studio from 12/1/16 - 12/5/16 (4 nights), your transient accommodations tax would be $28 ($7/night x 4 nights).

Hawaii property tax vary a lot but the highest by far is time shares, so they get it with property tax. Single family occupied pay very low property tax rates. So owners are paying. It's just in their yearly dues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter