• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hotel Suggestions?

Rinstah

Mouseketeer
I'm at a loss at where to book. My DH & I are heading to Disney in December with my Inlaws, my BIL, SIL & her BF and our DD who will be 15 months. I'm all for sharing a room but everyone wants a separate room (so we're currently looking at 4 rooms). We'd like to do it as cheaply as possible since we've already spent a small fortune on flights. Any suggestions? Is there anywhere we could get 1 room altogether (in total there are 7 of us). We'd also like to stay on site since we want the DP and the buses since DD will be so young.

Help!

I think anywhere that you can stay in one room is going to be very expensive, because they will be Villas/Suites, with a few exceptions. You probably want to look into any of the value rooms. All Stars or Pop Century. All Star Music suite sleeps six (probably plus the baby) which is very affordable or you can get regular rooms at these hotels for (depending on time of year) for less than $100 a night per room.

So look at the value rooms
look at the All Star Music Family Suite
look into the Cabins at Ft Wilderness, very spacious and has a kitchen (can save you some money on food even if you do go with the DP)

Since there are 6 adults & I'm guessing 7 is your baby! It would be hard to find an accom. that will fit you all together. And for everyone to have their own space. It's different if it were kids. I'd go with seperate rooms at a value.

You could look into the Treehouses Villas, I think they have 3 bedrooms depending when in Dec you're going they could be $550/night 11/28 - 12/16; or $935/night for 12/17 - 12/31! Not cheap.
http://allears.net/acc/faq_treehouse.htm

There are cabins at Ft. Wilderness that sleep 6, plus a child under 2? But only has 1 bdrm with a double bed and bunk beds, then a pull out in the living room.
Doesn't seem like it would suit everyone in your party. http://allears.net/acc/faq_fw.htm

I don't think the AllStar Family suits would suit you either, as your mostly adults. The living room just has pull out chairs and sofa. 4 adults aren't going to want to sleep like that. Well, I wouldn't anyway!

If haveing everyone in one room is most important, check into reserving a 2-bedroom villa at any of the WDW Vacation Club Resorts and splitting the cost. Since there are so many of you I would recommend either the Kidani Village Villas at Animal Kindgon Lodge or the Bay Lake Tower Villas at the Contemporary since they have three full bathrooms. The other Vaction Club Villas have two full bathrooms in their 2-bedroom villas. The full kitchen, clothes washer & dryer are nice perks to these rooms.

I think it's very difficult to share a room if you have a baby. We went on a trip with our daughter when she was 21 months old. She cried for a few hours that night- maybe she was overstimulated and would not settle down. We were in a two bedroom condo & a sleeper sofa with 6 other adults. I'm sure everyone wished that we were in a different hotel. I've also had trouble traveling with even my parents & in-laws when my kids were small. Small children cannot travel at the same pace as adults l& need to eat more often. It makes other people- even grandparents- cranky sometimes. Plus, I can't stand being in such close quarters with others for longer than a night or two at the most.

Honestly...if it were my family I would want 4 seperate rooms...and not necessarily adjacent. I really think that once you get to be a certain age...it's important to have the ability to seperate at night and have 'alone' time. I would think 4 rooms at a value might be the cheapest way to go.

Believe me...once you guys spend so much time together in the parks (and trying to accomodate everyone's wants and needs) you will be thrilled to have a sperate place to sleep at night. Just arrange for a place to meet in the morning. I would also suggest maybe planning a day or two where everyone goes off on their own. Or maybe it's just my family where everyone gets on each other's nerves...lol!

Honestly...if it were my family I would want 4 seperate rooms...and not necessarily adjacent. I really think that once you get to be a certain age...it's important to have the ability to seperate at night and have 'alone' time. I would think 4 rooms at a value might be the cheapest way to go.

Believe me...once you guys spend so much time together in the parks (and trying to accomodate everyone's wants and needs) you will be thrilled to have a sperate place to sleep at night. Just arrange for a place to meet in the morning. I would also suggest maybe planning a day or two where everyone goes off on their own. Or maybe it's just my family where everyone gets on each other's nerves...lol!

Ditto this!:rotfl:

single rooms also run cheaper than villas that accommodate the same number of people. Ask for adjoining rooms. Its not guaranteed but if you could get two of the three adjoining, you'd have a central meeting place. I would recommend three moderate standard rooms. Ask that they be close and that two adjoin.

and I agree that a little separation is actually a good thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter