• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hotel Shuttles from Airport to Hotel

castlefor2

Earning My Ears
We're thinking of leaving our car at the hotel and using a hotel shuttle instead of parking at Buffalo airport. How convenient are the hotel shuttles to get back to the hotel from the airport? Our flight arrives at 9pm and we're not sure how much of a wait it would be to get back to the hotel to get our car. If it's not convenient (that is a long wait), then we will leave our car at the airport.

We haven't booked our hotel yet.

Thanks!

All the Buffalo hotels I have used have been really quick. You call once you get your baggage and thats when they come and pick you up. You usually only wait 5-10min

Agree you won't wait long. The Marriott airport is lovely with free parking and abouty 7 minutes from the airport so you don't hear planes all night. It's our favourite. Best of all, family can wait in hotel while someone (DH) cleans snow off car and warms it up for us!

I agree also. We stayed at the Holiday Inn right next to the airport and they were there within five minutes of my husband calling.

We do this in Seattle. Stay at a Marriott(either Towne Place Suites or Springhill) about 10 min from airport-free parking for as long as you're away. Get a good room discount, so it's cheaper then airport parking! Phone after picking up luggage at phone provided at shuttle bus stop. Maybe a 20 min wait.

We've had the opposite experience to most posters.......good getting there- fast shuttles from hotel no problems......coming home many long waits standing in freezing cold outside Buffalo airport......longest wait time was 45 minutes or so......others never less than 20 minutes- every time we have waited in the cold I vow to next time park at the airport since the airport shuttles to parking lots go steady. The other thing re; parking at the hotel make sure you know where they park you- one year sleep inn parked us in their unpaved very muddy parking lot down the street and when we came home there had been huge snow storm.....we had to push our van out over snow banks to get out and it was a muddy mess everywhere.

We've had the opposite experience to most posters.......good getting there- fast shuttles from hotel no problems......coming home many long waits standing in freezing cold outside Buffalo airport......longest wait time was 45 minutes or so......others never less than 20 minutes- every time we have waited in the cold I vow to next time park at the airport since the airport shuttles to parking lots go steady. The other thing re; parking at the hotel make sure you know where they park you- one year sleep inn parked us in their unpaved very muddy parking lot down the street and when we came home there had been huge snow storm.....we had to push our van out over snow banks to get out and it was a muddy mess everywhere.

Ooooo, that's no good! At our Marriott, we park ourselves in the desig. areas for long stays, it's very close to the regular parking, just the next row really around the perimeter. Lot is paved and patroled. We also keep our car keys. I've heard some hotels keep your keys.

I think SueM stays at the same Marriott as us - great place.

The shuttle is a bit of a guessing game - when you arrive you call using courtesy phones in the baggage area. If they literally just left the airport, you might be there 30 minutes but the area is right near glass doors and windows so you could easily stay inside and watch for your shuttle.

I'm not a fan of park and fly lots and would NEVER leave my keys with attendants. At Marriott your vehicle is in the hotel parking lot albeit they ask you to park at the end of the lot but still well supervised.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter