Hotel Royal Plaza Aug. 20th

We were staying 10 nights at POR but we needed something the first night.

We drove from NY all night and got to HRP about 2 or 3pm, I can't remember exactly. There wasn't a soul at the check in desk (maybe because it was a Sunday?? All we wanted to do was rest, ofcourse, and we were so happy they had a room ready.

I booked this with Mousesavers.com (thank you Mary) with the special newsletter rate. We paid $79 but you were guaranteed a free upgrade and then a $10 gas card when you checked in, so it really was $69!!! What a bargain.

We were upgraded to a Tower room that overlooked the pool. The beds were VERY comfy(I took a nap on them right away :teeth: ) even though they were doubles. The rooms are a little larger than a WDW moderate. They have the feather comforters that are super cozy, and the pillows were comfy also, which I was happy about.........I usually have problems with hotel pillows, way too soft.

But here was the bonus. There was a sleeper sofa that, I would say, was bigger than a twin but not as big as a double. I slept here. It was nice to have a bed to myself (and a normal size length wise). My DH shared the one bed with my DS4 and the other one was shared by my DD13 and DD10.

We had plenty of room to move around. The kids went swimming in the pool and thought it was ok. No slide or anything.

The bathroom was good and bad. The actual bathroom was huge, with a big stand up shower (great water pressure) and garden tub. All the toiletries were Bath and Body Works, which was nice. There was even a window(with shades) in the bathroom. PLenty of space on the counter with the sink.

But, this is the bad part. There is no sink or anything outside the bathroom so that other people can be getting ready too. There isn't even a mirror in the room, which I found odd. This wasn't too much of a hassle since two of our family are still young, and we were there for only one night but this could be a hassle for two adults and two teens.

Overall we loved this hotel, especially for the price. It sure was nice staying at a hotel that has a room for a family of 5. They are hard to find.

Everything has been redone, I think they are still doing things to the lobby. Everyone was very nice. The location is great also. We love staying in the DTD area. Our first night we usually go to DTD to do some shopping. If we could get a rate close to that again, I would stay there. It would be hard for our family to stay there for a week because of the bathroom situation.

If anyone has any questions, I'll try to answer. :wave2:

Deweysgirl said:
Thx for the review! :thumbsup2 Did you eat at the restaurant there?

Sorry Deweysgirl, I just saw your question.

No, we didn't try the restaurant. We were there just for the night since our on site trip started with free dining the next day.

We ate at Olive Garden that night.........I couldn't believe that's where the kids wanted to go with all the choices Orlando has, but it was really good. Their stuffed Chicken Marsala was better than the one here at home. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter