Hotel Room Meal Ideas

seattlebusymom

Mouseketeer
I know this is a creative group so besides PBandJ what meals do you make in your hotel room? Can not wait to hear!!

well this isnt exactly making food but we bring premade salads from trader joes. Like shrimp louie, cranberry goat cheese, bluecheese and pecans. They have a 3-4 day shelf life so we pick them up on the way there pop them in our cooler and stash them in the hotel fridge.
This will be our first year taking a toaster. So our options are expanding. Poptarts and toast :)

Oatmeal, cereal, EasyMac, Eggos for the hotel toaster, KoolAid Singles for the kids' water bottles, hot chocolate in travel mugs and microwave popcorn to take back to the park at night.

Since DLH doesn't have a microwave so our inhotelroom food choices are kinda slim.

Using coffee maker to heat up water for oatmeal, hot cocoa, soup in a cup, and of course coffee.

Bringing a toaster is a must: bagels, we make bagel sandwiches with cream cheese, ham and mustard yum!! waffle sandwiches (with pb and j) I know it's pbandj but it's with waffles!

I pack a suitcase with just snack food, h2o bottles and basically anything that doesn't require keeping cool. When we get there we (or have Grandma) stop by the store and p/u perishables.

If you have access to a microwave there are all those shelf-stable meals now...everything from ravioli to turkey and dressing to soups.

If your room has an iron you can make grilled sandwiches. Put all the fixings inside a foil wrapper...iron until brown.

I don't have the patience for that sort of thing. We eat breakfast in our room. I bring along snacks. My kids have always been the type that would rather do than sit, so most of the time we have a late lunch then just snack...if we're awake and hungry...at night.

Since we drive, I bring a hot pot and already cooked food. My daughter eats soup for breakfast so I freeze it, ofcourse I have to remember to take it out the day before or it will be a frozen block in the morning. It does double duty as it keeps the other things cold. I bring anything I can heat in the hot pot (pasta, soup, anything that has liquid - other wise it burns) or anything that just needs water added.

I've done tunafish. My DH travels and gets small mayo jars from the hotels. Just have to remember a can opener. And use substantial rolls (they don't crush). And a fork to mix.

I buy lunch meat and cheese to keep in the fridge and get mayo and mustard packets inside the park as well as the big huge Mickey head bread and make awesome sandwiches. We typically stay on site so we dont have a microwave. I am finding humor in ironing sandwiches but I just might have to try it. :lmao:

I am finding humor in ironing sandwiches but I just might have to try it. :lmao:

Hey, I didn't waste 4 years in college for nothing! I can also cook an amazing array of foods in one of those old-fashioned hot pots, lol!

First trip to DL, but past hotel experiences have taught me to always bring a small saucepan and a hotplate- that way I can cook a lot of different things in the room. One trick we have learned from camping is to crack a couple of eggs into a ziplock freezer bag, add some shredded cheese, seasonings, seal it up, then smoosh it around to mix it up good- make sure it is seale good, stick it in a pan of boiling water, and it will cook the eggs- open the ziplock bag, squeeze onto a paper plate- an you have your own scrambled eggs! You can always pre mix the eggs and freeze them in the ziplock baggies too- that way you can just thaw it out lightly by running it under water- and then put it in the boiling water to cook...you can also heat a poptart the same way- seal it in a ziplock and drop into boiling water... we always bring summer sausage type meats an bricks of cheese to slice up too, as well as crackers... I take powered drink mixes and the kids can make their own 'gatorade " with their water bottle and tap water... tortillas can be heated in the bottom of the saucepan or in the microwave- a some shredded cheese, and you have a quesadilla....

You guys are so creative. I have to laugh when I found a link to making gourmet meals in your hotel room. One even told how to steam broccoli and cook rice in a coffee maker...:lmao:

wine, a variety of cheeses.. deli meats.. several types of crackers.. and olives.

for breakfast..precooked bacon and we buy mini croissants from the bakery....also oatmeal mixes.

One trip i fried a bunch of homemade chicken strips up and froze them.. we nibbled on those and they were goooooooooooooooooooD!

And for our little ones.. i buy the toddler meals with stuff like rotini and chicken with veggies... they are shelf items and are a great thing to have in the room for eats to eat after bath.. they get their tummies back on healthy food.

And water, several jugs of water! As well as banannas and little apples.:goodvibes

Lets see, I ate a bagel with smoked salmon and cream cheese mixed every morning. Brought tons of sandwich stuff, I only had one but husband had a lot. We did angus/sweet onion burgers with our small foreman grill on the balcony a few days, that was great. Had chips to go along. Brought a nice bottle of wine (don't forget corkscrew) and had a dried fruit tray with pistachios from Hickory farms (got it 90% off after xmas) ate a lot of that, also brought dried mangos and apricots which were nice with the jerky too, to bring in a small cooler to the park. Loved the crystal light packets, used those every day. Brought granola bars, had a few of those. Also ate the guacamole with chips. Had a coupon for Hometown buffet on Katella, for one free meal, used that, had a coupon for Mimi's ditto, ate a corndog on mainstreet once, and had the beef nachos(mmm) at whitewater snacks once.

you guys are awesome and so creative!!! I'm so impressed!!! What great ideas.

There are so many microwave meals out there now to cook, but you guys went outside of the box!! Very cool:cool1::cool1:

We took a Foreman grill and did chicken tenders and steak. My brother did shrimp in one of those as seen on tv pasta cookers and we were planning on doing spaghetti but never got round to it. We also took potatoes and some canned veggies to nuke in the microwave. We had corn dogs and chicken nuggets for the kids as well. The last trip we took was 5 days and I bought one chicken fusilli meal in the park and that was only cause I like it. All other meals we did in the hotel or packed sandwhiches. We did a few treats but not many.

I don't really care to make entire meals but I will have some fairly substantial food on hand because my kids are nibblers!

I plan on bringing:
Easy Mac
Chicken Noodle Soup
Hot dogs, buns and shredded cheese
Bread
PB and Jelly
Baloney
Cookie cutter for making crustless sandwiches
Cereal
Milk
THis should give us some food options without making me feel like I am really cooking! (I don't like to cook at home, much less in a hotel!)

I love the ideas though! I'm hoping to use a few!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter