hotel rates

cristen

DIS Veteran<br><font color="green">Yes, you need t
I just called to get rates on the hotels. I am planning on going in Dec. The first or second week. I was quoted for AP rates $187.00 a night at DH for the standard room. Doesn't that seem quite high, I thought that time of the year was considered "value season". Let me know what you guys think. Thanks

Hmmm. How long does the Super Sunday promotion last? I wasn't able to secure that rate, but I had a $156 AP rate for a Standard View the second week of August at DLH.

I know they just released Super Sunday rates for some dates in October. We are going the 16-20th. I guess the rates came out yesterday, by the time I called last night and found out, the best I could get was $154 for an upper level Cal Adventure view at PP. They had no GC rates left.

Usually, the Super Sunday standard view rates (if they have availability) are $99 at PP, $129 DH and $169 GC.

they said that they do not do super sundays in December. They quoted me 210.00 or something then with the AP she said 187.00. I don't think that is worth buying the pass. It would work out to the same. I just thought that right before Christmas was suppose to be the value season. I went in April 2000 right around spring break I think. & I got a suite on the top floor for 195.00. Should I keep calling back? I would like to stay at the DLH instead of PP they quoted me 136.00 for there. But I hear it is not as nice.

cristen - the super sunday rates come out a little at a time. For instance, they only had rates through Sept 30th the day before yesterday. Then yesterday then relesaed them through October. So, you could book a room now, then continue to call back and see if you can get a better deal.

BTW...I like the rooms at the PP much better than the DLH rooms, but the DHL has a better pool and is closer to the parks and DD.

Peter Pan Fan - what are the rooms like at PP? I am curious because I like the proximity to DCA. Do they have refrigerators?

We stayed at Paradise Pier last year, and because of a snafu with getting our room ready, they put us in one of the rooms overlooking DCA, which was pretty cool to look out and see all the fun over there.

It was a very nice sized room and did have a small fridge. The bathroom was not the sinks outside and the bath/toilet inside, it was all a separate quarter and very large also. It also had a couch (which might be a pull out bed too) two queen beds, a small table and several chairs.

It was a very nice room.

Our room at PP had a fridge too, very large with lots of room to move around (we had 3 adults in the room and didn't feel cramped). The views over DCA are nice and there is an entrance to DCA from the hotel near the Paradise Pier section of the park.

I'm planning on going in November 9. I'm staying in Disney's Grand Californian Hotel for a night. It costs $10 per room.

$10 a night at GC - sounds like a fridge charge. Thanks for the info on PP! I noticed the proximity to DCA and thought it might be better than the proximity from DLH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter