Hotel Only Ressie (DVC) and Waiting to Purchase Tickets

js

Been around since before the disboards 90s crash
Hi.

Is there a thread I am missing for those of us that have hotel only ressie (in my case I am DVC) and waiting to purchase tickets?

I have a trip planned in November, six adults in a three bedroom GV but none of us have park tickets.

Is there any hope that Disney will be letting us purchase tickets for this year, specifically November?

Thank you.

We are in the same boat, DVC booked at AKL in October for a quick Columbus day weekend trip, specifically for MNSSHP and F&W. I was just getting ready to purchase tickets when all of this happened. Wondering if this will be the trip we finally venture over to Universal Studios. . . .

I have a DVC trip planned in September staying at OKW, we were planning on doing 4 days at the parks, a mnsshp, and the moonlight magic. At this rate the moonlight magic night might be the most promising way for us to enter a park. And right now Universal is offering a 4-day pass for the price of 2-days, I might be leaning towards Universal for this trip if the tickets don’t go on sale by August.

We have a reservation in Nov for 3 people. Two have tickets. I was able to schedule park reservations for the two people. Would not let me reserve for third person (as expected). Hoping I can get a ticket soon and am able to schedule the same park days.

I'm in the same boat for December, and I'm pretty sure my DVC rental isn't refundable (unless they close again, of course) so I'm really hoping it won't be a huge issue to get tickets "later this summer."

We'll have a better idea Wednesday when everyone with tickets will have made their reservations :(

I am in the same boat with October reservation (CBR) and no tickets. We were a reschedule from May and I rushed to book us a room but decided to hold off on tickets for a few months to see how things looked when the parks reopened. At this point I feel like it might be a possibility that we don’t get them, but that would make our decision to pull the plug on 2020 easier in a way! We are still on the fence about whether or not we even want to go this year, so I’m trying to just be patient and see where we are at in August.

I'm in the same boat for December, and I'm pretty sure my DVC rental isn't refundable (unless they close again, of course) so I'm really hoping it won't be a huge issue to get tickets "later this summer."

We'll have a better idea Wednesday when everyone with tickets will have made their reservations :(
True, although Disney could always decide to add capacity to the system if things start to improve and if the first few weeks after opening go smoothly with social distancing/mask compliance. and people who book park pass reservations now may be on the fence and may ultimately cancel. So even if things are showing as "booked" on Wednesday, I wouldn't rule out the possibility that you'll be able to book for your dates later.

I’m in the same boat as well and it is so frustrating!!! I have a BWV trip planned for September 1st but was waiting to buy tickets for when my fastpass window opened July 3rd like I’m sure many of us do. Wish I bought tickets from UT while they were still selling them. Oh well - so now it’s wait and see for when tickets go on sale. The trip is for my 50th birthday so we are going even if we can’t get into park everyday. Hopefully it will all work out.

It's very true that things might look better beyond Wednesday, so I'll likely wait until November to cancel if I still can't get park ressies by then. I'm doing a split stay at Universal anyway, so I'll just stay longer there if it comes to that. Or just...go to Universal from AKL :P

Same here! 4 of us traveling to SSR 11/14 - 11/20... we were waiting to buy APs until closer to the trip before all this started... called DVC on Friday and they said to make sure to check the DVC homepage for info on when tickets were going on sale again. I'm not sure why they can't just, I don't know, email their members with this info so thought I'd pass along to this crew!

Best of luck and pixie dust to all of us!

YAY! Other folks in the same boat! Let's all take this dinghy through "Pirates"!
I've been all set with my hotel for almost seven months...now, I have to wait until the ticket system opens with the masses?! *sigh*...they should have considered those with existing resort reservations, and put us closer to the top of the list. I understand folks with APs AND resort reservations may have priority...but...c'mon...I'm already staying on property...Let me buy a ticket so I can have some time in the parks...I know there are some folks that go to Disney and don't go to the parks...but I think most of us do...

I was on hold with DVC membership earlier this morning (over 2hours on hold), and even the Cast Members are frustrated as they are not being given any information. I did bring up they should have a virtual 'queue' for stand-by folks. I'm sure not everyone who picks their park in advance will make their reservation (just like dining).

Here's hoping we all get some park time 🤞!

Same here. 2 DVC villas in Sept/Oct.
6 adults had military tickets and we made our park reservations this morning. But, my 4 year old son didn't have a ticket and it makes me sick to think of the possibility that the daily park limits may hit max occupancy before they ever give us a chance to buy him one.

Staying at POP over Christmas (bucket list trip) with my DD. I have AP, had planned a moms trip in October too which was cancelled Saturday. Need tickets for my DD. Fingers crossed they will have available slots and let us buy tickets next week.

I was told yesterday that tickets could be purchased on the 28th. Not sure if it is true. I am hoping it is since we have 3 that need tickets for our Feb/March trip. Hubby and I have APs but not going to do any good for us to make park reservations since you can’t add the others once they get tickets. This whole thing is a mess! If they are still not allowing park hopping by then we may cancel the trip since it is our Granddaughter’s first trip and with all the limitations now it won’t be the trip we want for her.

I was told yesterday that tickets could be purchased on the 28th. Not sure if it is true. I am hoping it is since we have 3 that need tickets for our Feb/March trip. Hubby and I have APs but not going to do any good for us to make park reservations since you can’t add the others once they get tickets. This whole thing is a mess! If they are still not allowing park hopping by then we may cancel the trip since it is our Granddaughter’s first trip and with all the limitations now it won’t be the trip we want for her.
That is true per the Disney sure but only for trips in 2021. They have not announced when tickets will be sold for remaining 2020 trips.

Actually, according to what Disney released, those with stays in 2021 would be able to upgrade their room only ressie to a package with tickets on 6/24.

We have the Boardwalk Villas booked for Thanksgiving time and are without tickets too. And park reservations for that matter. Ugh.

I have a trip planned with my mother, sister, and her family and only me and my partner have annual pass. So I was able to book days into the parks for the 2 of us but the trip won't work if I cannot get tickets for my family =(. Luckily our trip is early December in that sweet spot between Thanksgiving and Christmas, so I am hopeful we will have a chance to purchase tickets and make their day reservations quickly. Got a CCV grand villa and everything!

Not a DVC member but we have a Pop stay scheduled in November. We were waiting on MVMCP dates before buying our park tickets and ended up in this mess. We booked this room in December, so I'm a little peeved. I know it's going to suck for somebody but I'm disappointed we may be the ones impacted. And my anxiety is not handling the stress of not knowing if we'll be able to get tickets and when that date might come where we can even try to get them (since we aren't AP, DVC, etc... and the 2020 ticket dates are unknown).

I just wish they had given us a date to try and get tickets before opening it up to the general public.

I was also waiting on MVMCP info before purchasing tickets even though I booked my rooms in December.

All they really needed to do was give us some information like they did for just about everyone else. Instead we are just completely confused.

And I am still receiving emails saying I am all set to make my reservations while I don’t have any tickets or passes on my account. Just to rub it in more lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter