Hotel on cocoa beach--Help!!

princesdi

Mouseketeer
We are looking for a hotel on cocoa beach, as close as we can get so we can enjoy the beach. I had posted a previous thread on this topic, I have looked and looked a million times. It is hard to determine which ones are on the beach where we don't have to walk to get there and that are good quality hotels. Another issue is that we would like to be near restaurants and Ron Jons surf shop. Please help me!!! Suggestions we have received are Cocoa Beach Oceanside Inn, Inn of Cocoa Beach, Best Western and Days Inn. Please help me decide, where would you stay for a night.:confused: :confused3

We are looking for a hotel on cocoa beach, as close as we can get so we can enjoy the beach. I had posted a previous thread on this topic, I have looked and looked a million times. It is hard to determine which ones are on the beach where we don't have to walk to get there and that are good quality hotels. Another issue is that we would like to be near restaurants and Ron Jons surf shop. Please help me!!! Suggestions we have received are Cocoa Beach Oceanside Inn, Inn of Cocoa Beach, Best Western and Days Inn. Please help me decide, where would you stay for a night.:confused: :confused3

Let me try to unconfuse you OK? You have a number of choices such as Best Western and Days Inn which is located rightthere next to Durango's Steak House, the soon to open Omelet Station, the Cocoa Beach Pier and accross A1A, you have Publix shopping center - Ron Jon's now is about 1 miles South of there. Now Oceanside Inn, I loved when I would take my granddaughter there for the weekend - i made sure I had a room as to where we faced the ocean and could hear it during the night.
All are good quality hotels and I really believe you will be pleased with any of the choices. Make sure you tell them you are from the disboard for I am still working on them to give discruisers a discount. You can even mention Shirley from TPG -
Always
Shirley

THanks for your help--are both on the beach or do you have to walk to get there. How about Holiday Inn--what are your views on this establishment??

Thank you so much!!!

We spent our pre-cruise night at the Hampton Inn in Cocoa Beach. It is not right on the beach, but there is a beach access path that goes along the side of a single condo building between the hotel and the beach. The rooms all have an ocean view.

We actually thought the section of beach by the Hampton Inn looked to be quieter than most of the other sections up and down the beach. There doesn't seem to be a public access nearby, but there was a beach chair rental setup right by the path from the hotel, so all the amenities are nearby.

The hotel itself wasn't the least expensive one in town ($139/night for April 14th - a Saturday the week after Easter), but it fit our needs nicely - we got a free breakfast my daughter would enjoy, and Hilton HHonors points/Southwest Credits towards future trips!

Amanda

All are good quality hotels and I really believe you will be pleased with any of the choices. Make sure you tell them you are from the disboard for I am still working on them to give discruisers a discount. You can even mention Shirley from TPG -
Always
Shirley
What do you think of the holiday inn? The one right on the beach with the pirate pool? Good, bad, so~so?

I would second Oceanside Inn. it is right on the beach next to the pier and close to everything (except Ron Jon's shop is about a mile away).

Days Inn is not right on the beach - you cross a street.

Is the ocean side more like a bed and breakfast?? Looking at the pictures that what it seems like to me. I don't want to cross streets I want direct beach access

my mistake, I looked again at Cocoa Beach Oceanside Inn--looked at so many I had it confused, it is not a b&b. Location is exactly what I want, but the reviews and quality seem on the downhill.

Doubletree Hotel Cocoa Beach-Oceanfront is another option also,we stayed here pre cruise in march and had a great stay for night before cruise.10 minute drive to port canaveral,walk to beach from the pool area was great.had a room with balcony which was partial ocean view on south side.would highly reccomend.hope this helps.......wayne

my mistake, I looked again at Cocoa Beach Oceanside Inn--looked at so many I had it confused, it is not a b&b. Location is exactly what I want, but the reviews and quality seem on the downhill.

Do me a favor - drop me a note at snelsonbrown@aol.com as to what you have heard and I will find out about it today - I look at the Oceanside Inn everytime I come home since it and the Best Western are straight in my view off my condo front balcony. In fact I am looking at them both as I type this.
I have always loved the idea of staying RIGHT next to WATER.

Now the Holiday Inn is also great and further done the road - if you have any problems or any questions or issues, get hold of Leslie who is the GM and she will be more than happy to help you out - she is a sweetie when it comes to her visitors.
Will look for your email
Always
Shirley

I like the idea of the oceanside inn. does anyone know if they have a shuttle to the port there web site does not say if it has one?

My DBIL stayed at OceanSide Inn this past Christmas and he said it was fine - clean, typical hotel room. What makes it special is the view and location.

I think a taxi would be quite reasonable from there to or from the port, and you can book it at the time you want. Shirley knows the good ones in town.

Good morning,
Sorry I was on so little yesterday - just needed some quiet time and that is what I did - curled up in my bed and did nothing :-).
Anyhow I spoke to Michael who is the manager of the Oceanside Inn and he is suppose to call me back today about allowing me to check out the hotel. I had someone email me as I asked and when I called the hotel, I was told that the 2 owners are from out of the country and I don't know how often they come down to check out the place to see if it really lacks upgrading - I was told though that the website had not been upgraded in quite sometime so don't make any decisions on the website. Now as I said, I have stayed there and I loved it especially the oceanview rooms, but that has been at least 10 to 12 years ago - they do not offer shuttles, but you can call Robert at Checker Cab for he is very reasonable in cost and also mention you are from the disboard. I am at home so will post his phone number when I get to work.
Anyhow all have a great week.
always
Shirley

We stayed at the Hilton in January. Right on the beach, clean and a very attentive staff. The internet rate was good. Think we paid $125 plus tax and got a free upgrade to oceanview.

We stayed at the Hilton in January. Right on the beach, clean and a very attentive staff. The internet rate was good. Think we paid $125 plus tax and got a free upgrade to oceanview.

For most part, all of the hotels further South on Cocoa Beach are nice - remember in 2004, all the hotels took one heck of a strike and it did take some almost a year or so before they could open up - the Hilton is under new ownership and has been for about 2 years and has been entirely renovated - the only drawback is that if you are going anywhere or what to kinda sightsee, there isn't much around except the beach, but on the good side, turtle watching is excellent there.
Anyhow again these are just my own thoughts and my own feelings.
Always
Shirley

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter