Hotel New York swimming pool

megarasweet

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone! DFi and I are off on our honeymoon in 10 days (getting married a week today - eek!), so right now we're starting to think about packing.

The past couple of times we've stayed in HNY we haven't bothered taking swimming stuff, only to regret not having the option once we got there. Since the park hours will be longer this time around than they usually are when we go in December, we figured it might be nice to escape the park during the busier hours of the day, have a relaxing swim, then go back int the park later in the day.

So basically, is the Hotel New York swimming pool nice? Is it absolutely freezing? How busy does it tend to be on weekdays vs. weekends (we're there Wednesday-Sunday)? The photos I've seen don't really give away much, so I'd love to hear some first hand accounts! Thanks :flower3:

Afternoons are usually fairly quiet at the pool. The temperature tends to reflect the outside temp. I've been in February and it was freezing, but October was ok. They have a big spa bath which is lovely and warm, make sure you have your swim before getting in or you won't want to get back in the water! They also have a sauna and steam room in the changing areas.
Hope your wedding goes well :love:

Can't help with the pool but just wanted to wish you well for your wedding. :love:

megarasweet said:
Hi everyone! DFi and I are off on our honeymoon in 10 days (getting married a week today - eek!), so right now we're starting to think about packing.

The past couple of times we've stayed in HNY we haven't bothered taking swimming stuff, only to regret not having the option once we got there. Since the park hours will be longer this time around than they usually are when we go in December, we figured it might be nice to escape the park during the busier hours of the day, have a relaxing swim, then go back int the park later in the day.

So basically, is the Hotel New York swimming pool nice? Is it absolutely freezing? How busy does it tend to be on weekdays vs. weekends (we're there Wednesday-Sunday)? The photos I've seen don't really give away much, so I'd love to hear some first hand accounts! Thanks :flower3:
Congratulations!
HNY pool is very nice, we loved it. Weekens were busier than weekdays. We did go around 8pm, but it wasn't very crowded. On the other hand it depends on how crowded hotel is. One evening it was packed. But we found pool a nice way to finish busy day.

micksn - Thank you! Had no idea about the other facilities, but they certainly sound tempting!

Ware Bears - Thank you so much!! It's all getting very exciting now :blush:

Isila - Thanks! It does sound like a lovely way to wrap up the day after hours of walking around the parks!

micksn - Thank you! Had no idea about the other facilities, but they certainly sound tempting!

Ware Bears - Thank you so much!! It's all getting very exciting now :blush:

Isila - Thanks! It does sound like a lovely way to wrap up the day after hours of walking around the parks!

It really was.
Oh, and people tend to leave keys from lockers in lockers, but those have to be returned. So sometimes staff can say pool there are no fee lockers, because people just leave and don't return keys. But if you check, you'll find a free locker.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter