• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hotel near Universal & WDW w/good shuttle service

Gab28

Earning My Ears
I'm looking for a hotel that is close to both Universal and WDW parks that has a good shuttle service to both parks.

I've looked at Comfort inn & suites universal and Nick suites, but there weren't very many reviews on shuttle services.

If you had any personal experience with shuttle services of any of these hotels (or any near by ones), I would love to hear from you!

TIA

You will be hard press to find a good shuttle service. Most of them have limited commutes back and forth to the parks. Many of them go to more than one resort; so, you spend time making the rounds. Then, some of the shuttles don't go to the actual park; they use Epcot for their stop and then you need to use Disney transportation to get to the other Disney parks. Your time is worth money, too.

I've never heard a good scenario on offsite shuttles. Some are worse than others, but none of them are really that great.

Also, some shuttles charge a fee and others include it with the resort cost.

That's an easy question to answer, there aren't any hotels which offer good shuttle service to both Disney and Universal. Universal is about 15 miles from Disney. It's impossible to be close to both.
Your options:
  1. Rent a car. Offsite shuttles tend to run a limited schedule.
  2. Split your stay. Pick a hotel near Universal and a hotel near Disney. Universal's new hotel, Cabana Bay Resort, is offering great rates. You can walk to the parks. You get early entry to Harry Potter but you don't get the "front of the line" (express pass) access offered to guests of the other 3 hotels. Combine that with a Disney value resort.
  3. Stay at a hotel near Disney which offers good shuttles. DTD hotels are your best bet. Pay Mears tor transportation to Universal.
  4. Pick on of the few hotels which offer shuttle to both. Live with the schedule. Hotels near Disney might charge for the Universal shuttle. Try Nick Hotel. Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royal, Embassy Suites...At one time these properties offered shuttles to both Universal and Disney

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter