• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hotel near Tampa Airport for 1 night.. suggestions?

Mike Jones

<font color=993300>....nothing clever to say... ju
We have decided to stay over for our 1st night near Tampa , as the day will have been long enough with changing planes etc, and landing fairly late evening with travel sick kids! Any suggestions for a cheap & cheerful hotel as near as possible to the airport exit routes (ie easy for my befuddled brain to find at 2130 in the dark!)?

Hello Mike:

Re: Tampa-area hotels, why not make it easy on yourself and family and just use the Tampa Airport Marriott which is the only airport hotel that is actually CONNECTED to the airport (there is no need for ground transportation of any kind!). Think of it...you can completely avoid the schlepp by staying here!

As a business hotel, it may not be the cheapest...probably $125-$150/nite but your family could use the pool, you could join the Marriott Rewards program and get credit for the stay (for future awards...points don't expire).

Bonus: If staying there on a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday night...rates are very low (due to low weekend occupancy).

Hope this helps!

(New) Jersey Shark

Mike

Try www.tampa-hotels-fl.com

When are you going ? I did a check at the La Quinta ( 1/2 a mile from airport + free transportation ). It came up with $89 for early Jan 2004 for a room to accomocdate 2 x adults and 2 kids.

Hope the link is of some use.

mike 230652

Where you collect your baggage, on the ground level of the airport there is a series of courtesy phones, all free, where you can call the hotel of your choice. They will send a minibus to collect your group, again free. Airport drop off is also available in the morning.

Wyndham is quite close, 10 min (free bus) and very good

CC

Thanks for the advice so far. I'll have a look at the options suggested. I think I'd rather drive a short distance and save a few bucks for the parks... is the exit from Tampa to the main interstates and highways easy or convuluted?

Hello Mike:

Just had to do a quick check for you....Tampa Airport Marriott has an Entertainment Card rate of just $80 for a Friday or Saturday nite!!!! My approach has always been to get high quality hotels at budget rates...it's pretty easy to do these days!

The drive from the Tampa Airport to Orlando is very simple....I-275 to 1-4 East, drive about 70 miles, hello Disney!

jersey shark - thanks for the tips.. we would be landing on late Thursday evening (18th dec) so weekend rate probably not applicable, but I'll do a search at the Marriott for this night anyway, as the $ rate is attractive.

One other thing to keep in mind....especially if visiting in the month of December....many biz hotels have very low rates all December-long, so you may be able to scoop up great rates that way too.

They are usually coded "Holiday Rate" or something like that, but full page ads in the USA Today re: Christmas rates usually begin to be advertised in late Oct-early Nov for stays around Thanksgiving (late Nov) through to New Years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter