• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hotel near port or Cocoa Beach?

UMTerp

DIS Veteran
Anyone have a suggestion on a decent hotel for the night after a cruise? I'm thinking not too far from the port. Maybe Cocoa Beach?

Anyone get any good prices lately?

TIA!

UMTerp

Anyone have a suggestion on a decent hotel for the night after a cruise? I'm thinking not too far from the port. Maybe Cocoa Beach?

Anyone get any good prices lately?

TIA!

UMTerp

I keep looking out for these...you have Country Inn & Suites in PC, Residence Inn in PC, a Holiday Inn & Suites nearby....and a few others...

The going rate at the first two with park and pay (meaning you can park there for the duration of the trip) is around $200 for a room. I have seen many get deals in the $120-$150 range for this in off season. I have also seen people priceline, but many end up with the La Quinta that not many are happy where it's located (must seem seedy a bit?)....I am looking for a room in September for one night, but with 5 I think I'm stuck with Residence Inn or the family room at CI&S but they are few and cost more....would love to hear the BEST deals on these hotels! :)

We've stayed at the Courtyard in Cocoa Beach twice now before DCL cruises. Very nice place. You can book a package that includes free parking (at the hotel) for the length of your cruise and transfers to/from the ship.

We are staying at the Country Inn Suites at Port Canaveral in May before our cruise, and got it for $149 a night! (that INCLUDES tax). Then we will pay $35 for the park & cruise add on when we get there. There are 5 in our group, and the hotel includes hot breakfast, shuttle to & from the ship, (& they said they can take us to other places like the beach, etc too) the family suite, free WiFi, pool and jacuzzi. For us, it was the best deal we found wanting to be close to the ship when it comes in.:thumbsup2

We're coming the day before our cruise and staying at Comfort Inn Cocoa Beach for $99. That includes tax, breakfast, and a shuttle ride for 2 to the port. Since we won't have a car we wanted be near the beach and shopping (Walgreens across the street) for any last minute necessities. On a street view map I saw a McD's also across the street and Ron Jon's Surf Shop next door.

We stayed at Residence Inn in PC for our cruise last week and it was amazing. Super clean, breakfast was pretty good (and included) we'd stay there again.

Our cruise is SUNDAY (!!!) and we are staying at the Comfort Inn at Cocoa Beach Saturday night for $99/night with the shuttle and breakfast. I'll be happy to post a review when we get home after the cruise and 3 days at the park.

I can't believe our trip is 3 sleeps away!!!

Renee :yay:

Thank you everyone!

We stayed at the Radisson a number of years ago but I guess most folks aren't staying there anymore.

I'll try for one of your suggestions!

Appreciate the info!

UMTerp

Ron Jon is on the beach and has a great pool (lazy river & a water slide).

I keep looking out for these...you have Country Inn & Suites in PC, Residence Inn in PC, a Holiday Inn & Suites nearby....and a few others...

The going rate at the first two with park and pay (meaning you can park there for the duration of the trip) is around $200 for a room. I have seen many get deals in the $120-$150 range for this in off season. I have also seen people priceline, but many end up with the La Quinta that not many are happy where it's located (must seem seedy a bit?)....I am looking for a room in September for one night, but with 5 I think I'm stuck with Residence Inn or the family room at CI&S but they are few and cost more....would love to hear the BEST deals on these hotels! :)

IMHALL I knew that you and I would catch this post! :) We got the Holiday Inn Express for one night with park and cruise plus free shuttle, 4 of us for the rate of $149..Looks like a nice hotel, had pretty good reviews. However, I'm totally looking for a better deal too, would love to hear what everyone says!

I am looking on Kayak right now. How does one tell if that includes the park and ride? Or do you need to book directly with the hotel to get that?

I am looking on Kayak right now. How does one tell if that includes the park and ride? Or do you need to book directly with the hotel to get that?

I know for several of the hotels that I found, you had to book directly through the hotel..they got us there...:(

Most of the hotels that I'm aware of no longer have free cruise parking--you either have to pay for the parking or book a more expensive park and cruise package. However, there is a facility 5 minutes from the port called Park and Cruise. Normal rate is $6.99 per night, but there are sometimes specials on the web site.

Hotels in Cape Canaveral--Radisson (no longer free parking, so less popular tha before, and no free breakfast unless specified in package), Residence Inn and CI&S (both have free breakfast and are newer/nicer than Radisson). There are a lot of hotels in Cocoa Beach.

IMHALL I knew that you and I would catch this post! :) We got the Holiday Inn Express for one night with park and cruise plus free shuttle, 4 of us for the rate of $149..Looks like a nice hotel, had pretty good reviews. However, I'm totally looking for a better deal too, would love to hear what everyone says!

Are you sure that the park/cruise with Holiday Inn gets all four of you to the port? From what I'm reading in the "fine print," you can put four people in that room but only 2 people on the port shuttle. Just double check!

Are you sure that the park/cruise with Holiday Inn gets all four of you to the port? From what I'm reading in the "fine print," you can put four people in that room but only 2 people on the port shuttle. Just double check!

You are right-most of the hotels I checked only shuttle two for free-we have 2 kids and they will charge $5 piece. Yes, Kcashner is right, you can't just reserve a room, you have to book the "park and cruise" hotel package which from what I think I figured was about $20 more..Still sounds like a better deal that parking elsewhere I think..Although we have reservations at Holiday Inn Express, I'm still looking for a better deal for the four of us!

You are right-most of the hotels I checked only shuttle two for free-we have 2 kids and they will charge $5 piece. Yes, Kcashner is right, you can't just reserve a room, you have to book the "park and cruise" hotel package which from what I think I figured was about $20 more..Still sounds like a better deal that parking elsewhere I think..Although we have reservations at Holiday Inn Express, I'm still looking for a better deal for the four of us!

Thanks for the info. I didn't know you could PAY to add on another person. We are going with the inlaws and are driving and will have TWO cars. We're having the hardest time figuring out what to do! We need to book two rooms somewhere but $300 (plus an extra $5 for our son) just to get free shuttle to the port doesn't sound so great.

We're having a hard time finding a good option...

Ugh, that's so frustrating because that's $330 plus that you could use on the actual cruise! We were even thinking about renting a car here, driving it to PC, turning it in, then renting another one in a week to come home on but wow that's another $400 plus on top of the hotel, boarding our dogs, and gas $$...It all makes my head spin!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter