Hotel in Seattle?

Silver Queen

DIS Veteran
We will be taking an Alaska cruise this summer and our plan is to fly into Seattle, spend one night, and take the train the next morning to Vancouver. We will spend a few days in Vancouver and then board the ship. Can anyone recommend a safe, moderate hotel in Seattle where we can spend one night before we catch the train the next morning?
After the cruise we will return to Seattle and spend a few days exploring there.
Any thoughts are welcomed. Thanks!

We're going to spend a night at the Fairmont Waterfront the night before our cruise in June. It is right next to the Waterfront Station. But, I would not call it a moderate at $350 a night.

If there is no baseball, football, or soccer game, you might peek at Silver Cloud Stadium.

The other option is to stay near the airport. Not much to do there and it's a longer cab ride at sick-and-wrong in the morning for the train, but it's an option.

We're going to spend a night at the Fairmont Waterfront the night before our cruise in June. It is right next to the Waterfront Station. But, I would not call it a moderate at $350 a night.

Well, you're right. That's a little more than we'd like to spend for a one night stay when we'll just get up and catch the early train. On the way back when we stay in Seattle for a few days we'll be interested in a little nicer place.

We rented a condo from Seattle Oasis last January when we took the Amtrak out for a Seahawks game. It was way better priced than hotels and just a few blocks from the Seattle Waterfront. We walked to and from the stadium/station/condo etc.

We will be taking an Alaska cruise this summer and our plan is to fly into Seattle, spend one night, and take the train the next morning to Vancouver. We will spend a few days in Vancouver and then board the ship. Any thoughts are welcomed. Thanks!
To clarify... which day are you sailing on the Wonder? We can identify some seasonal opportunties.

To clarify... which day are you sailing on the Wonder? We can identify some seasonal opportunties.
Actually, although DCL is our favorite cruise line we're straying off the grid this time. We'll be sailing on Aug. 5 on the Coral Princess.

Our personal favorite is the Silver Cloud Stadium since it's directly across from SAFECO Field. If we stay downtown, the Westin is always nice, if we stay by the airport there is a nice doubletree there

Hmm... August 5th is a Wednesday.
Also check out the Raddison airport.... it's across the street and my fav Seatac airport hotel.

Hmm... August 5th is a Wednesday.
Also check out the Raddison airport.... it's across the street and my fav Seatac airport hotel.

This is excellent information. Thank you so much! We'll really have to work this out very carefully. I checked out the link to the fireworks celebration and they look very tempting. We are flying into Seattle for two reasons: 1. fares are lower 2. we have a $99 US Air Companion Certificate to use which makes the total airfare very hard to pass up. Unfortunately, the flight options from our home airport are not great. (One involves only 36 minutes to transfer in Philadelphia). Our first thought was to tour Seattle after we return from the cruise/tour, but that may change. We have also decided that we will take the train to Vancouver. Not sure if that will make our entering the city easier or not. The celebration sounds like fun.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express City Center when we were in Seattle last year. It was really close walking distance to a lot of stuff.

This is excellent information. Thank you so much! We'll really have to work this out very carefully. I checked out the link to the fireworks celebration and they look very tempting. We are flying into Seattle for two reasons: 1. fares are lower 2. we have a $99 US Air Companion Certificate to use which makes the total airfare very hard to pass up. Unfortunately, the flight options from our home airport are not great. (One involves only 36 minutes to transfer in Philadelphia). Our first thought was to tour Seattle after we return from the cruise/tour, but that may change. We have also decided that we will take the train to Vancouver. Not sure if that will make our entering the city easier or not. The celebration sounds like fun.
Here's a video of last years USA entry. The show lasts 25 minutes and is set to music!
(advance to 29 minutes 50 seconds)

My fav Seatac option is the shuttle. http://www.quickcoach.com/fares.htm
  • There is 5 to 6 shuttle crossings a day compared to the two trains.
  • The shuttle is faster as the train meanders it's way North of the Border.
  • The shuttle takes you from Seattle's airport to downtown and possibly the cruise terminal. Train needs a taxi or transportation between airport/cruise terminal to train station.
If you have time to burn..... you can also Orca whale watch your way to Vancouver with your luggage. http://princeofwhales.com/seattle-tours/

I travel from Boston to Seattle all the time. 6-9 times a years for over 20 years.
I would suggest the Silver Cloud Stadium. It is a very nice hotel and close to the Amtrack. I think they take you over in their shuttle. They do run shuttles to the Seattle Ports.
If there is M's game I would suggest going you can get $10 tickets above the Left Field Scoreboard. It is the same view you pay $250 at Fenway to sit on thw wall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter