Hotel in paris after DLP

dvc cruiser

Earning My Ears
Looking for hotel suggestions for 2 nights stay in Paris after our stay at DLP looking at Thursday and Friday night. Something nice that will give us a good spot to do some sightseeing from. Party of 2 adults and teenage son.

I just booked Hotel Le Senat for 3 nights in late May in a Superior Triple Room with a balcony with city view for me (Mom) and my 2 teens. It looks lovely, gets great reviews, was reasonable and is in one of the two areas I was recommended by many. It's in the Left Bank 6th Arrondissement. I was also recommended just across the river in Marais. Look it up on Trip Advisor. Booked through Cheaptickets so was able to use the current coupon code.

We stayed at the Astotel Palm: http://en.astotel.com/hotel/palm-opera-hotel/overview

It is not the most central hotel, but it was really nice. We loved that they had free soft drinks in the lobby in the afternoon and evening. In Paris, where a coke can cost 6 € in a cafe that was a definite bonus! The area has some affordable dining options as well. The staff was very nice and helpful and made some great suggestions as to where to go for dinner. It is part of a small chain. Rooms are small, but the price was great.

There aren't as many hotels in Paris that can sleep three as there are in the U.S, so I agree that the Citadines properties are a decent bet. On our last trip, we stayed at the Hotel Paris Indigo, and enjoyed it a lot. It had a funky decor, very nice staff, and a refrigerator for guests' use stocked daily with a few soft drinks/juices. We had one of their suites, and it was on two levels and had an extra half bath. I can't remember if the sofa opened into a bed, but it might be worth checking into because it would offer plenty of privacy for three people. Location was very good for sightseeing.

We stayed at the Hotel Odeon St Germain - we LOVED it. Very old quaint boutique hotel in the St Germain des Pres area. Felt very safe - lots of cafes around. Walking distance to Notre Dame, Luxembourg Gardens & a couple of metro stations. Best thing is they have a couple of triples which are hard to find in Paris. We stayed there with our son who was 14 at the time. I think there are probably pictures in my trip report. We would definitely stay there again. (It is currently ranked #85 out of 1,794 hotels in Paris on Trip Advisor.) We wanted something distinctly Parisian and this was definitely unique.

http://hotelparisodeonsaintgermain.com

Last edited:
I will second the Citadines Tour Eiffel. We stayed for 5 nights (following the Disneyland portion of the trip) this past late Nov into Dec. in an Eiffel Tower view room. The price was extremely reasonable for the space and amenities. We had a full mini kitchen, spacious bathroom, tons of electrical outlets, and several English language tv channels. It is immediately across from both a metro station and a Monoprix. Lots of small restaurants in the area. Free coffee and hot chocolate in lobby.

I know that some people suggest staying more central, but we loved this area in the 15th and intend to return to this same hotel on our next trip. I am not generally one to pay extra for a hotel view, as we spend little time in our room, but the Eiffel Tower view at night for the light show was magical. Also, I got extremely ill on our trip (there is a pharmacy just steps away from the lobby) and spent several days at the hotel in bed. The view helped!!

One item to note. These are considered aparthotels. You do not get daily housekeeping unless you pay extra. Towels and toiletries are always available for self restocking and there is a trash room with shoot you can remove your trash to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter