Hotel in Boston Area for JB concert....

Better than me. I couldn't figure out why I didn't know about a concert tour in Boston sponsored by JetBlue!.:rotfl2:

OP, it looks like you'll be coming down 95? Couple of suggestions. First, the Wyndham in Chelsea is perfectly fine. It's about a five minute drive from the Wellington MBTA station, but more important, it's easily accessible from the highway. Second, the Residence Inn in Woburn is very close to the commuter rail station - if you choose this, be sure the train runs as late as you need on Saturdays. Finally, consider staying in Portland and taking Amtrak. You'll debark and embark right in North Station, aka ground level of TD Garden. The last train departs at 11 PM.

The Marriott Copley Place is very reasonable and in a great location. You could just take the T or a taxi to the concert.

Finally, consider staying in Portland and taking Amtrak. You'll debark and embark right in North Station, aka ground level of TD Garden. The last train departs at 11 PM.

I'd actually recommend against taking Amtrak Downeaster to Portland. With all the stops, it takes like 3 hours for what is an hour and a half drive. Done that one and never doing again!

Two and a half, but what's a half hour here or there? ;)

The OP is going to be driving over ten hours each way. Portland was suggested to relieve her of some of the stress of that long drive, along with potentially more reasonably priced hotels in that city.

Traffic in Boston is crazy and so are the cow paths, ... um I mean roads. I would definitely stay north of the city and take a train in.

The Doubletree Club is $159 on LMT for the night of the concert. Don't know about how the train is there. The hotel is near UMass. I think it is about 4 miles from the concert venue.

While I agree with what everyone's posted about both the craziness and pricy-ness of the city on a show night like this, there is something to be said about the "fun" of staying in the city.
I'm with you, I would absolutely stay in the city! Commuting around here can be a nightmare, and may well negate any "savings" on a hotel outside the city. Probably worth it to just spring for it and be able to walk to the venue and take in some sights and sounds of the city, maybe grab a late-night bite to eat, etc.

I thought it was Jackson Browne :lmao: ...and I have a DD,16 too....(I'll have to actually look into tickets for his show, she'd love to go and so close to home ,too)!

Hey, for a minute I thought "James Brown....COOL!" Then I remembered he's dead. Jackson Browne was my second choice.:)

And now for a little sip of J&B;)

Thanks to all for the comments and suggestions.

We have decided to head to Portland, spend the night near Maine Mall, then stay just North of Boston and commute for the concert. It's going to be a weekend with lots of driving, but we did it this summer when we drove down for a few days of shopping, Six Flags and Zip-lining.

Love the East Coast!

Goodluck to all with Sandy...hopefully there won't be much damage. Stay safe!

Well, we survived the drive...11 1/2 hrs each way!

The girls had a fabulous time at the concert.

We did lots of outlet shopping on the way down, lots of deals, got some Christmas shopping well under way. Yahoo.

Our plans to travel by T were foiled by traffic though. We decided to do some shopping at Burlington Mall then head to the Wilimington(?)station. We left ourselves hour and 15 mins to get there and we got caught up in traffic, knew we weren't going to make it so we just went right into the city. Oh well, we did get lost trying to get out of the city, but we made it! We are not used to driving in traffic like that...hopefully we didn't tick too many people off.

My husband and son & I got to have a nice meal at Fours and stand in the crazy line at Mikes to try the cannoli's. yummy.

Thanks again for the help. I knew my Dis friends would help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter