• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hotel in Boston Area for JB concert....

B&B Mom

Mouseketeer
Hey all looking for some advice on a hotel. We are heading down for the Justin Beber concert and looking for a one night stay. Didn't realize the hotels near the TD Center would be so expensive. Yikes! Looking for something with easy access to concert site either driving or subway.

Would welcome any suggestions. BTW hoping to pay less than $200 a night.

Nothing in Boston will be less than $200 on the night of a concert or event.

You might try outlying towns on the commuter rail.

You can easily find a hotel in Boston for less than $200. Just don't expect to be right next to the venue. I've stayed at the Hyatt Regency for under $200 per night. It's not too far from a T stop and the hotel is nice. There is a parking garage under the hotel, but it's not theirs so you will need to pay for parking if you're bringing a car.

Hey all looking for some advice on a hotel. We are heading down for the Justin Beber concert and looking for a one night stay. Didn't realize the hotels near the TD Center would be so expensive. Yikes! Looking for something with easy access to concert site either driving or subway.
Would welcome any suggestions. BTW hoping to pay less than $200 a night.

I'd try to avoid driving to the concert. Parking for an event will be at least $25 and it will take forever to get out of the garage after the show.

I'd try to avoid driving to the concert. Parking for an event will be at least $25 and it will take forever to get out of the garage after the show.

:thumbsup2

OP, in case you didn't know, TD Center is right at North Station. You can take the subway, commuter rail and Amtrak right from there. I'm sorry, don't know hotels or recommended stops as we're just an hour and a half away.

Here is a link to the map though- perhaps check towns on the north side since you're coming from that way.
http://www.mbta.com/schedules_and_maps/rail/

Try Woburn, Burlington, Wakefield. About 45 minute to an hour drive into the city plus I'd allow half an hour to 45 minutes extra for concert traffic. These towns are northwest of the city and right on/near to I-95 so not as long a drive when you head home. When I checked Expedia hotels in these towns cost between $90 and $150/night for the night of the concert. I can't recommend a specific hotel as we live on the RI border, but I am familiar with the area and there are lots of technology/finance companies so the hotels tend to cater to the week day business traffic and the areas are not generally crime ridden.

These towns are on the commuter rail (Lowell Line) BUT depending upon how many people you have traveling it may be just as cheap to drive in and pay to park (It's about $4 to park at the Commuter Rail Lot and $6/person to ride the train). Plus, you may want to double check the times of the concert against rail times as sometimes they stop running trains before the concert ends.

Stay as far from the venue as you can and still take the T in. I would go north and just take the T down. Or stay in NH or Southern Me. drive down to Wellington and take the T from there.

Thanks so much for the suggestions, this is exactly the kind of info I was looking for. I'll check out the suggestions and see what we can make work. Oh....the things we do for our teens!

:thumbsup2

OP, in case you didn't know, TD Center is right at North Station. You can take the subway, commuter rail and Amtrak right from there. I'm sorry, don't know hotels or recommended stops as we're just an hour and a half away.

Here is a link to the map though- perhaps check towns on the north side since you're coming from that way.
http://www.mbta.com/schedules_and_maps/rail/

Thanks for the link to the commuter map...very helpful!:thumbsup2

Thanks so much for the suggestions, this is exactly the kind of info I was looking for. I'll check out the suggestions and see what we can make work. Oh....the things we do for our teens!

Give a try for Cambridge along the Charles River too -- probably will be $$ but you never know (Hyatt, DoubleTree). Also think about going out towards Rt 2 (Arlington, Belmont, Lexington, Waltham) and take the T in from Alewife (at the end of Rt 2). If that doesn't work try Rt 9 into Natick and take the T from Newton/Wellesley. Last suggestion would be outskirts of Boston into Dedham, Norwood and Walpole and take the train in from Hyde Park or Forest Hills.

Try the Crown Plaza in Newton. I know people who have been able to get rooms for about $100 a night and it would be pretty easy to take the T downtown.

While I agree with what everyone's posted about both the craziness and pricy-ness of the city on a show night like this, there is something to be said about the "fun" of staying in the city. If that's what you're interested in, I'd suggest kayak.com. I've booked rooms at luxury hotels downtown for $200 or just over/under. Might be a little tougher in this case but worth a shot.

The Garden is easily accessible by all means of transportation others have mentioned. If the concert's on a Saturday or Sunday, though, do your homework ahead of time if you want to take Commuter Rail. Recent cuts on some lines got rid of weekend service. I come in from Southeastern, MA for work every day and our lines was one of them. :( If you go with the T, however, you're good to go.

Good luck! Feel free to PM too, I'm happy to help :)

Wow, I must be getting old. I saw JB in the subject line and I just assumed it was Jimmy Buffet!:rotfl2:

If you're not from around here I'd recommend avoiding Chelsea... And Revere, Lynn etc..

There's definitely some brand name hotels in those cities, and they're tempting because of their prices and accessibility to the T, but if you want to feel comfortable and safe esp with your teen girls I'd recommend staying further west or north of the city

In Beverly Endicott college runs a nice hotel right on the ocean (literally, it's on a cliff). There's 4 commuter rail stops in Beverly and it'll drop you right in North Station, which is where the concert is. Also, you can check out Salem for a little sight seeing if you have time.

Look at LastMinuteTravel.com for Boston. I stayed in the Hilton Back Bay which was next to some sort of convention center where something was going on.....I don't know exactly what the building is, but anyway......The Hotel itself had no availability, but they had rooms for pretty cheap on that website. They had rooms in all areas of the city for much less than the individual websites. Worth a try.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter