Hotel help!

Canadianfamily

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

Planning our first trip back to Disneyland since 2011. Last time we stayed at the GCH but are looking for a less expensive option this time. I've narrowed to down to the following and was hoping for input. We are a family of 4 adults and we want a hotel with breakfast included that is walking distance to the gate. We don't care about a pool as we don't be using it during our stay.

Best Western Plus Anaheim Inn
Best Western Plus Park Place Inn (currently sold out for our dates but I'm keeping an eye out)
Anaheim Desert Inn
Candy Cane Inn
Park Vue Inn

Thanks so much!

Desert Inn and Park Vue are literally right next to BWPPI, right at crosswalk. I've heard good things about all of these. Stayed at Desert Inn and really liked it, staying there again in Sept. It was basic, but clean, comfy and good service. Breakfast is continental, so just cereal, juice, yogurt, fruit, pastries-- nothing fancy, but then that suited our needs. I called ahead and asked for top floor, as far forward as possible, and they upgraded me for free to a "parlor suite" (just a small room with a sofa and tv before the main bedroom).

It's no GCH (wow, we loved staying there the first time, but $$$$ :scared1:) but it's inexpensive, clean and comfy.

I love the breakfast at Park Vue Inn younget buscuits and gravy on some days and these yummy potatoes on some days

Hi all,

Planning our first trip back to Disneyland since 2011. Last time we stayed at the GCH but are looking for a less expensive option this time. I've narrowed to down to the following and was hoping for input. We are a family of 4 adults and we want a hotel with breakfast included that is walking distance to the gate. We don't care about a pool as we don't be using it during our stay.

Best Western Plus Anaheim Inn
Best Western Plus Park Place Inn (currently sold out for our dates but I'm keeping an eye out)
Anaheim Desert Inn
Candy Cane Inn
Park Vue Inn

Thanks so much!

Best western ppi is much better than Anaheim inn per my sis.

Have you called BWPPI direct? Try it if not.

We enjoyed the pool at carousel inn better than desert inn. They have a Discount on their web site for over 5 nights.

I also recommend calling BWPPI if you haven't tried that. I've looked online, seen no availability, but when I called they had rooms we were able to book. Good luck!

Just curious why tropicana was not in your list?

We are going for the first time this year

Perhaps they didn't include it because they wanted breakfast included, which Tropicana does not offer.

I have contacted BWPPI twice when online said no reservations and was able to get a room. :)

Perhaps they didn't include it because they wanted breakfast included, which Tropicana does not offer.

I have contacted BWPPI twice when online said no reservations and was able to get a room. :)

Ahhh understand

BWPPI is right next door to tropicana?

Did you have any problems when you checked in when you were able to book direct but not on line (if that makes sense sorry)

Ahhh understand

BWPPI is right next door to tropicana?

Did you have any problems when you checked in when you were able to book direct but not on line (if that makes sense sorry)

None at all! Just checked out this morning from one of those instances. :) Yes, Tropicana is right next door, we have stayed there a few times too.

Thank you ..... Just one more question please

If take out the free breakfast which did you prefer

Many thanks

Out of those, I would pick the PVI. It is really really really close and imo it has the best breakfast.

Desert Inn and Park Vue are literally right next to BWPPI, right at crosswalk. I've heard good things about all of these. Stayed at Desert Inn and really liked it, staying there again in Sept. It was basic, but clean, comfy and good service. Breakfast is continental, so just cereal, juice, yogurt, fruit, pastries-- nothing fancy, but then that suited our needs. I called ahead and asked for top floor, as far forward as possible, and they upgraded me for free to a "parlor suite" (just a small room with a sofa and tv before the main bedroom).

It's no GCH (wow, we loved staying there the first time, but $$$$ :scared1:) but it's inexpensive, clean and comfy.

Thank you!
We'd love to stay at GCH again but just can't justify the price this time around.

Best western ppi is much better than Anaheim inn per my sis.

Have you called BWPPI direct? Try it if not.

We enjoyed the pool at carousel inn better than desert inn. They have a Discount on their web site for over 5 nights.

I also recommend calling BWPPI if you haven't tried that. I've looked online, seen no availability, but when I called they had rooms we were able to book. Good luck!

Good to know, thanks! I'll try giving them a call.

Exactly - we are looking for somewhere with breakfast (although Tropicana almost made the list for the location).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter