• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hotel Help Please!

MG3G

Mouseketeer
I would really appreciate some help finding a hotel.

We are a family of 7. 2 adults and 5 children. I would prefer to stay in one room BUT that isn't a deal breaker as long as we can get connecting rooms.

I am having trouble deciding for our big family if I want to stay right across the street and sacrifice a bit on the quality of the hotel for convenience or take a shuttle. Max is about $200 night.

Here is our must haves - a pool, ideally one room - or at least adjoining rooms, free breakfast with some hot options, within walking distance (SHORT walking distance with lots of little kids) OR with a free shuttle that is handicap accessible, fridge and microwave.

My would be really nice - a nice hotel that we would actually WANT to spend time at on our off days, Disney channel (we don't have cable so that is a huge treat!), a full kitchen, free parking, wifi.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I've found that most of the hotels I've looked at are roughly the same price but I can't find "the one" :)

You might want to check out Residence Inn, hits most of your wants. It is a long walk, but ART stops in the parking lot. It has been a few years since we have stayed there, but our last stay was excellent (Thanksgiving week 2012). Full kitchen, loft for adults, bedroom with bunk beds for kids, sleeper sofa, good hot breakfasts. They used to have bbq's during the evenings, not sure if they still do that. We never used the pool, so no help there for you.

We stayed at the Candy Cane Inn. Walk was easy but they have their own dedicated shuttle, if you would prefer to ride with the kids. We had a fridge (not sure about the microwave, can't remember). We had free Wifi and parking. Breakfast was free and had good choices/options. Pool and hot tub were both nice. Not sure if it's a "resort" where you would want to spend a whole day. But, there are other options nearby, like Downtown Disney. We also got a good rate using AAA. Hotel was clean and staff were polite and helpful.

I would recommend the Castle Inn. We've stayed in their two-bedroom suites a couple times, we got killer rates, and everyone was very happy. Also, youre close enough to walk so theres no transportation fee!

We have also stayed at the Castle Inn and suites and is worth a look. You will find most pools are small unless you are at the HOJO so the Castle Inn maybe a good option for everything else.

With 7 I would seriously look at a hotel you can walk from as all getting on the bus can be a pain. A few we have stayed at that I like but will say we have not started at a place with a kitchenette

Tropicana - Awesome location by disney entrance, great staff, Smallish pool, we loved it here for location and the hotel was good for us.

Castle Inn and suites - Great theme hotel, rooms recently refurbed, smallish pool. Pretty good location with 10 min walk to disney but close to Gardenwalk.

Annabella - Nice hotel, great pool area, 10 mins walk via Grand Californian entrance.

Camelot Inn - Super close to disney, nice room. No idea on the rest as I was only here 1 night.

The only nearby hotel with a FREE shuttle is Candy Cane Inn. ART replaced any other shuttles in the area.

Desert Palms has suites with, I believe, microwave and fridge. You would want to take ART, I imagine. It's down on Katella.

Check out the desert inn and suites. Late family suite rooms, decent rates and most of all, super close to the parks. It has a breakfast but I don't believe it was a hot breakfast. Just cold items.

Check out the desert inn and suites. Late family suite rooms, decent rates and most of all, super close to the parks. It has a breakfast but I don't believe it was a hot breakfast. Just cold items.

We stayed here last June. We travelled with my bff and her family and got adjoining rooms. Some days were less that others, but averaged out to about $90-100 a night for each of us. The walk was close, which we liked. There was a pool but not a super fun one. They do offer continental breakfast, nothing hot except for toast. The rooms did have a microwave and a mini fridge which was taller than most mini fridges in hotels, which was great because we would bring juice and water into the park. We drove to Walmart and bought breakfast sandwiches to eat in the morning when cold cereal wasn't appealing.

Maybe the BW Park Place Inn might work. They have a 2 queen and sofa bed suite (under $200 depending on when you are going). So that would be 6 sleeping spaces and if they allow a cot in the room then that's the 7th bed. Hot breakfast, right across the street. Wifi, fridge, micro and pool (no idea what it is like though).

We stayed in a 2 room, 3 queen bed at the Park Vue in February. Just ask for a cot for the kid#5 and you're set.
I believe there's a few motels with similar options, Residence Inn is probably the nicest place. But NONE are closer than Park Vue. I thought their breakfast was great ( more than I expected ) and the room has a fridge & microwave if I remember correctly ( verify on the website ).

The Residence Inn, in Garden Grove has large 3 room suites with 2 bathrooms.
We stayed there with my SIL, and her family. 7 adults.
The room has 2 bedrooms, one with a King bed, other with 2 Queen's, a livingroom with a double sofa bed. Plenty of room, free cook to order breakfast, and a nice pool area.... also themed nights with free grab and go food, like Nacho's and some really good chili!

Lots of food choices down there, a Target across the street.
You will have to take ART bus...

Its a high rise hotel, so it's like a family resort!

--Lori

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter