hotel help for GA or FL?

tiffanym5375

Mouseketeer
We want to drive up one day before... where should we stop and stay at? We are driving from ATL. I think it took us 8hrs-10hrs last time. We have a small child.
Thanks Tiffany

tiffany, we live in Columbus, 90 miles south of you. What we have done in the past is drive down the day before our reservation starts and stay offsite on I-Drive (we stayed at the Doubletree Castle last April). When we went back in October to US we jsut bit the bullet and booked another day at Portofino Bay (ouch$$$). Are your reservations for an onsite Disney hotel? If they are what about booking a night at a value like Pop Century? It's looks like kids would enjoy it. Our girls are 10 & 11 right now, we had booked Pop for our arrival then move over to the Contemporary the next morning. We decided to just go ahead and book CR for the arrival rather than move, but you can get Disney to move all your luggage to your onsite resort if you decide to book a room only. We tend to leave around 8AM, drive straight through, it's about 7 hours for us. If you want to stop, Ocala and Gainesville FL. have a lot of places by the interstate, but we have found that Ocala is pricey for some reason. Plus, it's only about two hours further to WDW. :) Good luck with whatever you decide.

Robin,

Thank you so much for your reply. This is great information. I had not thought about staying at a value.. that is great advice. I'm going to check into this! Also, this is off subject.. do you go through all of the tolls? When we went on our cruise.. we went through so many. There were more pass disney on the way to port.. just not sure if every family paid as much as we did for tolls..lol ;)

Tiffany

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter