Hotel for the drive to Disney

Cruises4me

Earning My Ears
For all the families that drive to Disney, I'm looking for hotels right off of I-95 around Virginia area. Any suggestions, clean and maybe that offer a breakfast? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!:thanks:

Check Ashland, VA if you plan in making it as far south as Richmond. I've stayed at the Hampton Inn there and it was decent.

We stayed at Hampton Inn Petersburg-Southpark last year on our way down. It was clean and had your typical Hampton breakfast included. We'd definitely stay there again.

We generally stay in Fairfield Inn hotels when we drive down I-95 from Buffalo to WDW.
They are clean, comfortable, have an indoor pool, and breakfast.

My family stays at Hampton Inn and Holiday Inn Express. Doesn't matter where they are, we are always confident with these two hotel chains. If one of them isn't available or they are both really expensive, basically anything else in the Hilton line is good for us. We are staying at a Garden Inn by Hilton here in a few days and it was cheaper than Hampton Inn by about $60/night. Still listed as a 3-star hotel and should be better than the Super 8's and Comfort Inn's of the world.

You can also try Country Inn and Suites. They are below the price point for Holiday Inn Express and Hampton Inns. I do an overnight between Maryland and Disney and usually stay at the one in Florence, South Carolina which was recently renovated.

There is a fairly new one in Fredericksburg, Va which is about an hour south of the DC beltway. They are cheaper in the Richmond, Va area depending on how far you want to drive.

There are lots of less expensive places but I've only tried the ones mentioned so far.

You can also go to trip advisor website and put in the town you are considering and see what comes up ranked in the top 1-5 places. Read the reviews.

We are also Hampton Inn\Hilton Garden Inn fans; free breakfast is offered at Hampton. We do the Disney road trip every year, and we have stayed at the Hampton Inn in Drumfries, VA a few times; their rates are very reasonable. I know this property is presently undergoing renovations because I booked it for our July trip.
There's a Cracker Barrel restaurant a stones throw away from this hotel. We always have dinner there; a nice break after a long day on the road, and we enjoy browsing in the gift shop.

As my DH and I are retired we travel a lot. We like to stay at Fairfield Inns. They are clean, safe and have free coffee and breakfasts. They are part of the Marriott family of hotels.

I find I get the best rates when we stay in smaller towns. On a recent trip to WDW from AR the rates in Troy, AL were much less than in Montgomery, AL (about 50 miles apart). Same route so no detour. Of course that's not your route but the general advice is the same.

You can also try Country Inn and Suites. They are below the price point for Holiday Inn Express and Hampton Inns. I do an overnight between Maryland and Disney and usually stay at the one in Florence, South Carolina which was recently renovated.

There is a fairly new one in Fredericksburg, Va which is about an hour south of the DC beltway. They are cheaper in the Richmond, Va area depending on how far you want to drive.

There are lots of less expensive places but I've only tried the ones mentioned so far.

You can also go to trip advisor website and put in the town you are considering and see what comes up ranked in the top 1-5 places. Read the reviews.

We stay at the Country Inn and Suites in Fredericksburg - love it!

Country Inn & Suites or Hampton! Breakfast is not gourmet, but they usually have decent enough selections. Have never had a bad experience at either. If you can get south of the DC area, you will save money!

If you really just need a clean, comfortable place to stay look into Microtel by Wyndham. The rooms are small, but very comfortable beds. Wifi and breakfast are included, and they are cheap! I wouldn't want to spend a week sleeping in one of their rooms with 4 people, but for a one-night stopover on a road trip - they are perfect.

I've had some good stays at the Hampton Inn in Glen Allen. Good breakfast, although it's been a couple years since I was last through. I always have to budget an extra hour either when we arrive or leave because the kids can't resist an indoor pool.

We are also Hampton Inn\Hilton Garden Inn fans; free breakfast is offered at Hampton. We do the Disney road trip every year, and we have stayed at the Hampton Inn in Drumfries, VA a few times; their rates are very reasonable. I know this property is presently undergoing renovations because I booked it for our July trip.
There's a Cracker Barrel restaurant a stones throw away from this hotel. We always have dinner there; a nice break after a long day on the road, and we enjoy browsing in the gift shop.
Another vote for Hampton/Hilton. Good, clean hotels. Fredericksburg, VA actually have 3 hotels together including a Homewood. We basically go until we are tired and look at TripAdvisor and use the Hilton app to book our stay.

Usually I would just use my TripAdvisor app when we feel like stopping. However, last time we were driving down 75 to Florida, I tried to find something in georgia (I firgrtvthe city) and they only had king beds everywhere. There were 3 of us. We ended up at a quality inn and it was a dive. So you may want to book ahead.

We drove from Columbus OH to Southern GA in Feb and stayed halfway there and back. We chose the Sleep Inn because it was super cheap and offered free breakfast. We were pleasantly surprised how clean and comfortable it was, how friendly all the staff was at both locations, and that the free breakfast was actually pretty good! We will be using Sleep Inn again when we drive to WDW in Sept.

Another vote for Hampton Inn. Clean rooms, free breakfast, and affordable for a good, quiet nights stay on your way to WDW. On I-95, every exit has a sign listing hotels, food and gas at each one. No guessing, as to what is at each exit. Good luck!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter