Hotel discount codes only for AP holders?

were45

Mouseketeer
Hi. I just spoke to Universal rep. and she told me that the random discount codes that folks sometimes get for the onsite hotels are only for Annual Passholders. I just wondered if anyone here knows if this is accurate?
I dream about getting one of those 30 or 40% off codes in my email, and now I think I may have been wasting my time :(
Anyone who is not an AP holder ever get a code?

Not true.We are not AP holders and I have gotten multiple discount codes.2 this year ( though not for dates I could use)_

Agree, not true! I get them...usually when we have no plan to go lol...but I still try by signing up for the news letter or creating an account on the Universal site and pre planning a trip and saving it in hopes they'll try and get me to come by sending me a code... ;)

How do you get them? Mailer, email? And did you sign up for some type of Universal info...

No one knows how..Much like Disney they are random..I am signed up on both Loewshotel.com and at Universalorlando.com for emails.Last year I got a few of them.This year,I haven't in my name but Dh has in his and he is also signed up.No rhyme or reason

i received a special hotel code last week.
i had already booked my october 2014 stay back in november 2013 w/ the smsm.

modified it to the ap rate when they came out in april this year.

was told that i could not use the special hotel code on my reservation because the hotel was completely sold out for my dates.

first special hotel code and can't use it......

out of curiosity i asked how much would i have saved on that code.
TM told me my rate with the AP is the same as the code.

i'm still good......

I got the special code last week too. I called and it was the same rate as what I already have for the SMSM. When I questioned it, I was told that it's often whatever the current listed rate is. I don't understand why the mailer gives a "unique offer code" for "this exclusive offer" if it's the exact price anyone can book for. :confused3
Hopefully they release the APH rates soon!

I got the special code last week too. I called and it was the same rate as what I already have for the SMSM. When I questioned it, I was told that it's often whatever the current listed rate is. I don't understand why the mailer gives a "unique offer code" for "this exclusive offer" if it's the exact price anyone can book for. :confused3
Hopefully they release the APH rates soon!

i don't know your dates but my october stay with the AP is only about $20 cheaper on the total of my entire stay than the SMSM rate.

i don't know your dates but my october stay with the AP is only about $20 cheaper on the total of my entire stay than the SMSM rate.

We're going Nov. 11-19 at $184 avg/nightly; right now they're only showing seasonal rate for that room at $264 avg. :scared1:

I called 3 days in a row (the TM said the rates could change) after I got the mailer; day 4 was when the rate went from SMSM to seasonal. Gee, I hope it wasn't something I said! LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter