• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hotel dilemma

Florida2012

If you can dream it, you can do it
Hi are looking to book for next November and was looking at a bit of a treat by staying at the New York Hotel (as it will be our 5th anniversary).

However, I've also seen that it will be the same price to stay at a GF room at the Sequioa (which obviously includes breakfast).

What would you do?

We've chosen Sequoia Lodge GF for our next trip and are really looking forward to it. We were originally going to book the New York, mainly for the location, (because the hotel does absolutely nothing for me), and we were trying to choose between the New York and the Newport Bay, which we love but fancied staying somewhere different. So we then decided to book a Sequoia Lodge GF room because we've never stayed at that hotel either and it will be nice to have breakfast included and the afternoon snacks. Hopefully I will prefer the look of the Hotel New York rooms after it's been refurbished, think that's in 2018.

So unless you were planning on using room service at Hotel New York I think staying at Sequoia Lodge GF would be a lovely anniversary treat.

i agree with ware bears, i wasnt impressed by the rooms at the HNY and the SL GF has tremendous reviews from people so im guessing its worth it!
The location for HNY is great but the rooms were nothing special and rather dark to be honest.

We stayed last May in the Golden Forest Club and would go back, it was really good. We were there for a couple of nights and took the time to go back to the hotel in the afternoon for a snack in the lounge (before going to the pool). Breakfast was also very nice. Oh, and the hotel fastpass will come in handy (you get 1 fastpass per day per person)

And in November the bar with the gorgeous fireplace will be very very welcoming!!

We stayed at the Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest Club this November just gone for our 25th anniversary, apart from the hotel not having our hotel room ready and messing us about for a few hours I cannot fault the rest of our stay. The GF lounge was lovely and very handy for hot drinks on our return from the parks, we'll definitely stay there again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter