Hotel close to universal for this weekend?

Discussion in 'Hotel & Accommodations Reviews' started by Andrea, May 30, 2012.

1. Andrea

Andrea DIS Veteran<br><font color=<009977>I couldnt decid

Hey guys we are headed down for the weekend to universal and was wondering what a cheaper hotel close to that park would be?

Any advice?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Grumpy92

Grumpy92 DIS Veteran

I would suggest the Hyatt Place. It is across the street from the Universal entrance. Very nice and you can get some good rates.

Doubletree is another, but I feel it is time for a major rehab. For a short trip it probably would be ok.

4. Miumiu4me

Miumiu4me Mouseketeer

I second the Hyatt. I stayed there for a bachelorette party. Nice place, very low key...

5. damo

damo Proud Redhead

Also, Holiday Inn Closest to Universal (not the Holiday Inn Express). The hotels on Major Blvd. vary in cost and you should be able to find lots in there to suit any budget.

If you are planning on going to Universal, you might want to consider purchasing an off-site hotel package through the website. This will allow you to get early admission at both parks each day you are there.

http://www.universalorlando.com/Vacation-Packages/bf/Featured-Vacation-Packages.aspx

If you just purchase your hotel stay through the hotels themselves, you don't get the early admission.

lol...just read the date on the original post. I think we are too late but hopefully the advice helps someone else!

6. buckeev

buckeev RedNeck Mouseketeer

LOL...I did the same thing Red!
    Wonder where they stayed? ;)