Hot wire???

eeudj

Mouseketeer
Has anyone used Hotwire? I am planning on going to Disneyland mid June and can get a three(3) and a half star hotel for 55.00 per night. the location is Disneyland South. What do you guys think?

Before bidding, thoroughly check out the hotwire/hotel/Disneyland area section of betterbidding.com. They can really help you narrow down what hotels are being offered to you, which can help in many ways. If you don't have a car, it can keep you from accepting a hotel that you'll need a car for. If you have a car and think you are getting a spectacular deal on the room rate, you can have a chance to look at the hotel's website (or generally you'll narrow it down to a few, so check out the hotels' websites) and see what sort of parking charge you're looking at. For instance, we once had Motel 6 booked for $54/night. Started looking at hotwire and betterbidding, realized I was being offered either the Hilton or Hyatt for that same cost. WAs able to check their websites, and found that parking would be 12 or 15 per night. We did go forward, as Hilton beats Motel 6 (well, actually, in the future not sure we'd go with Hilton even though we liked the few hours we spent there before checking into PPH), and the deal wasn't *as good* with the parking fee, BUT we knew it ahead of time.

So read read and read some more over on betterbidding.com, well before accepting anything on hotwire.

If you don't care exactly which hotel you end up at, it could end up being a good deal. There are sites that list which hotel you could end up with if you bid. I'm not sure if you can put the site on this board, but the hotels listed as 3.5 star in Anaheim South are: Crowne Plaza Resort Anaheim-Garden Grove, Embassy Suites, Hilton, Hilton Suites, Marriot Suites, Red Lion Inn and Sheraton Garden Grove Anaheim South. If you list the amenities the hotel has, it can help narrow down which hotel it is.

Just based on the price and what is normally "won" in that area I'm going to guess it's either the Crown Plaza or Red Lion.

Be careful. One trip we received Little Boy Blue motel. A two star hotel. Which hotwire states is a "name brand" hotel such as the Ramada, La Quinta, Sleep Inn".

I was not happy.
Jen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter