Hot tub help!

my3squeals

DIS Veteran
Have a question and I figured if anyone could answer it, it would be my friends at the DIS because they rock.

We have a hot tub that was at our house when we bought it. When we looked at the house the hot tub was full of water and functioning. Upon us taking possession of the house the hot tub had been drained. We cleaned it and began to fill it only to find it would not fill past the middle of the bottom jets, about 6-8 inches of water. We know nothing about hot tubs and I just want to get it filled and show it is working so I can sell it. My question is, Is there some type of drain or something that has been switched or turned that is keeping it from filling with water? I'm hoping it is something easy I am missing so we can get it sold and off our deck and I can have extra disney dollars! If anyone knows anything about hot tubs and can advise me with some pointers I would appreciate it. We live in a small town and I stopped by the one dealer in town and could never get waited on:headache: only to find out they don't service spas. :sad2:

Have a question and I figured if anyone could answer it, it would be my friends at the DIS because they rock.

We have a hot tub that was at our house when we bought it. When we looked at the house the hot tub was full of water and functioning. Upon us taking possession of the house the hot tub had been drained. We cleaned it and began to fill it only to find it would not fill past the middle of the bottom jets, about 6-8 inches of water. We know nothing about hot tubs and I just want to get it filled and show it is working so I can sell it. My question is, Is there some type of drain or something that has been switched or turned that is keeping it from filling with water? I'm hoping it is something easy I am missing so we can get it sold and off our deck and I can have extra disney dollars! If anyone knows anything about hot tubs and can advise me with some pointers I would appreciate it. We live in a small town and I stopped by the one dealer in town and could never get waited on:headache: only to find out they don't service spas. :sad2:

Is it hooked up to a water source that you are using to fill it? We have to fill ours with a hose, so that's the only fill method I'm familiar with. If you are filling it and the water level never goes up, are you sure there isn't a busted pipe somewhere where the water is leaking out?

When we bought our vacation house, the hot tub had been working during the inspection but was turned off when we took possession of the house. The hot tub is actually in a sun-room right next to the master bedroom, and when we turned the hot tub on, a hose burst and ALL the water from the hot tub drained onto our bedroom floor. :scared1::scared1: The first day in the new house! I hope you don't have that kind of a situation.

If I were in your situation, I would be on the lookout for someone to come and at least look at the hot tub and make sure that there isn't some kind of problem with it. In the meantime, I suggest googling for the operators manual for the brand/model that you have, and maybe calling customer service for the manufacturer because it could be something simple.

Have you looked at the manual for this unit? Or googled it?

Our hot tub is filled via the filter area. You might have to fill it from a certain place.

Otherwise, yes, perhaps this unit is stored with a certain plug or valve open to prevent freezing or damage. If the manual tells how to drain, I would check and see if that has been closed from when it was drained.

There is a drain plug on a hot tub. I'm sure it's different on every model. Ours is at the very base of hot tub, below where the paneling slats end
. If you can't find it, you can always unscrew the cabinet sides and take a look.

Believe it or not, I have done/tried all of that. We can tell the water is coming out from one particular side but it is too far under from the panel to tell from the underside exactly where. I have googled and googled for information and even the owners manual, but haven't been able to come up with anything that specifically pertains to draining or valves. UGH!!! Just hoping it was something easy I was missing. I have checked the filters and they are both clean, not sure about filling through them. Is the tub supposed to be running when it is filled through filters?
Thanks guys!

Is there any way you can contact the former owners and ask them? Do you know the brand? If so perhaps you can look up a manual online which will help.

We have a Hot Springs Spa (we are in the process of buying a new one as ours has developed some problems). To drain ours you must remove some screws that hold a panel on the side and open a drain to which we connect a water hose so that the water drains away from the house. Check and see if there is a panel which can easily be removed.

Good luck! I hope you find a solution.

Penny

I should have read better and not skimmed. I see that you have already went online looking for answers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter