• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hot or what?! ...... and getting HOTTER!!

WDWfan uk

<font color=red>.... but you can call me Shirley :
... what temps are you getting in your area? We were in the 90s today with a promise of more to come tomorrow and Wednesday.

Apparently London was the hottest today!

I don't know what the temperature was but it was lovely and warm and sunny. Even though I was working it was great to look at and fab to come to work without a jacket.

Long may it continue!!!!!!!!!!!

They said on the radio this morning that they thought the weather was here to stay for the time being...perhaps even until the Bank Holiday...woohoo!

Its lovely and warm here,also,not sure of the temp.
But it is very hot,and sticky!
Hope it stays for a while :) can top up on my tan!

Beth

...... that's what you get for moving down to Devon ;) LOL!!

Sorry Richard :teeth: just joshing!

I know there is no pleasing me BUT I am TOO HOT;)

I don't mind London in Winter it is the good weather that makes me long to live anywhere but here.Dirty,humid,smelly,rubbish etc.Well it's not Orlando is it?:confused: :( :p

...... just looked at the Beeb's weather news and it went above 95º today - 35.3C ......... felling hot, hot, hot :cool:

I stepped out of my office today and it felt like stepping into Spain or Italy! I physicaly sighed when I came back into the georgeously airconditioned foyer!

I know this wont be popular - but roll on September!

Kirsty xx

Boy was it hot today and it sounds like the record was broken several times during the day. It was not fun being at work in such heat :( .The only time I felt ok was when I went into the one and only place in the building that had aircon :cool: and I didn't want to leave it but I had to :mad: !!!
Claire :)

Absolutely ROASTING at the weekend.

Drove to Broadstairs and it was 37 Degrees outside temp! - but cooler when we got to the coast.

Chilled (?) out on the beach - doned Speedo's and had a few swims - (calm down ladies - LOL)

Dropped DDs off at my mums for an overnight stay and watched T3 at the pics.

came out about 11:30 and it was like being on holiday! - Yipee!

The only "upside" is that this weather is great training for Florida in August!

I emerged from my house just once this weekend because it was so darn hot outside - my air con unit was worth it's weight in gold!

Being of Irish descent I am not built for this kind of heat - roll on autumn (sorry to all the sun lovers!)

Kirsty xx

Sorry to be a bore - but this weather is why we only go to Florida in the winter. I can't stand the heat!!!!

Yay Sue another cold body like me - I cant bare the heat either!

Do you mind my asking, what is the temperature like in Florida outside of the height of summer.

My boyf and I are considering going sometime in the waaaay distant future, but the heat really puts us off...

Kirsty xx

We flew back from Canada (where they had also been experiencing a heatwave!) on Saturday afternoon and we all said it felt hotter coming out from the terminal building at Heathrow than that blanket of warm air that hits you when you land in Orlando! :cool:

For all of you who don't like the heat you should spent a few days here (Lancashire) :D We have had thunderstorms for the past couple of days, no sun in sight!! :(

Tomorrow we have to go down to London to pickup my DD's passports at the US Embassy. I am hoping we don't get stranded for a couple of hours at Euston due to train delays as a result of the heat.

Hi Catherine, good luck in London tomorrow! The trains here have been pants all week - when the speed restructions and in place in the afternoons there are some quite interesting delays.

I hope you dont get caught up in it all!

Kirsty xx

Well, it seems that everyplace got our weather this summer. We have had two days this summer over 90, and not many over 80. Remember Chicago 8 summers ago when we had about 500 people die of heat exhaustion in about a weeks time? (not kidding-really)
We just came back from a weekend in Sante Fe, where the weather was high 90s. But unlike Florida, no humidity. There they are complaining that they are in the third year of drought. Really looks it too.
So, hopefully, for all of us heading to Fla for a winter break, things will straighten out by then.
Meantime, you are all welcome to come to Chicago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter