Hot Air Balloon

Mad Mark

Earning My Ears
Hi guys, we are thinking of doing a hot air balloon trip on our up coming trip in October. I did a forum search and found a few results but they were quiet old. Has anybody done one recently and have a firm they would recommend or avoid?

I am guessinig that you want a 'proper' hot air balloon ride, not the Characters in Flight short trip they offer at Downtow Disney?

Virgin Holidays still offer them with their Holiday Extras. I have never done one, but weather permitting will be doing the Characters in Flight in October.

Wayne posted an offer last week for a Groupon (Orlando) offer for Balloon rides. I don't know if the offer is still valid but they were offering a pretty good discount.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2694687

Somebody had one in their trip report/on another thread but I cannot seem to find it.

Thanks very much both. Wayne, I think I will wait and see what your experience is like and make a judgement after that.

I have also booked Parasailing in August, something I have never done but I booked it after a few drinks on Saturday night:rotfl2: Both activities should be interesting seeing as I won't go above 3 steps on a ladder:scared1:

I have also booked Parasailing in August, something I have never done but I booked it after a few drinks on Saturday night:rotfl2: Both activities should be interesting seeing as I won't go above 3 steps on a ladder:scared1:

It looks like this is going to be an exciting live trippie ;) Off to Orlando to to overcome any resservations you may have had ... I got a Groupon offer for bungee jumping the other day (really the other day, not last month :laughing:) if you want a warm up session while still in the UK.

Out of curiosity, the balloon experience you booked, was that the Groupon one or had you already booked something else beforehand?

It looks like this is going to be an exciting live trippie ;) Off to Orlando to to overcome any resservations you may have had ... I got a Groupon offer for bungee jumping the other day (really the other day, not last month :laughing:) if you want a warm up session while still in the UK.

Out of curiosity, the balloon experience you booked, was that the Groupon one or had you already booked something else beforehand?

One of my ambitions is to jump out of an aeroplane but lets see how I go with these 2 in August first, might put me off going any higher:goodvibes
I will leave the bungee thanks, can't say that would interest me, it might put me off the others:rotfl:
It was the Groupon offer I booked, I was one of the 1,146 who bought the deal, I guess they are going to have a busy year.

One of my ambitions is to jump out of an aeroplane but lets see how I go with these 2 in August first, might put me off going any higher:goodvibes
I will leave the bungee thanks, can't say that would interest me, it might put me off the others:rotfl:
It was the Groupon offer I booked, I was one of the 1,146 who bought the deal, I guess they are going to have a busy year.

Don't forget the parachute Wayne.:rotfl:

We used Thompson aire in 2009, check out there website, I think it's a bit dearer than others but captain thompson was great fun and we had a wonderful experience, would highly recommend it

We used Orlando Balloon Flights in 2007, they picked us up from our hotel and dropped us off after breakfast. you help to inflate the balloon, then hop in, fly which is fantastic, landing is not too bad, then help pack the balloon away before some champagne, then after a brief drive back to their hotel base you get breakfast and a signed photo/certificate to say you've done a balloon flight. I think it'd the same company that did the Groupon promo last month. Very enjoyable and lots of banter. We would have signed up for it again but have too many other things we want to do this trip.:)

I have also booked Parasailing in August, something I have never done
We did the parasailing from the Contemporary and loved it. I went up as a single and my son and his mate did a tandem flight. Really good experience and highly recommended.

Thanks again for all the replies.

We did the parasailing from the Contemporary and loved it. I went up as a single and my son and his mate did a tandem flight. Really good experience and highly recommended.

Thanks again for all the replies.

We are doing it at Castaway Cay while on the cruise, a review here about it, looks good. http://land.allears.net/blogs/lindamac/2007/12/parasailing_at_castaway_cay_mo.html

Only problem is insurance, I am with M&S, to add Parasailing they want about £60-70 extra, luckily its due for renewal next week so I can change, spent about 6 hours so far reading policies, need to cover hot air balloon, parasailing and DW's high blood pressure (& maybe my high blood pressure after sorting this cover:rotfl:)
I had narrowed to Columbus travel or LV but the best cover for the money is Insure & Go @ £156 for their top cover(Black) I was with them for about 5 years before they refused to pay me out for the ash cloud last year, might go back to them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter