Host Sightings 9/25

Hula just gave out dream pins in fantasyland in the sky

It was awfully quiet for a Hula event. I wonder if her computer crashed on her again, or if it was just not enought Dis members in the right place and right time. Well, good luck to us all, next time.

Just got adventureland set in Tiki Tiki Island

I'm confused, I was in Tiki Tiki Island and I was booted. I did not say a word while there and I was not blocking anything that I was aware of, so Staff should not have had any reason to boot me. I may have been AFK for a few minutes, but I know many people have been AFK and won prizes. Since Tiki Tiki Island won and I was booted from Tiki Tiki Island, I have to assume that I was in that instance of the room which means I did not get the prize.

So, can someone explain why I was booted? And was Hula the person who booted me?

I was in the room and yes, Hula booted a few players who were AFK. Letting in a couple of prominent VMK/DISboards players. Funny how that works. Sorry to hear about your bad luck, I would have been disappointed also.

I'm confused, I was in Tiki Tiki Island and I was booted. I did not say a word while there and I was not blocking anything that I was aware of, so Staff should not have had any reason to boot me. I may have been AFK for a few minutes, but I know many people have been AFK and won prizes. Since Tiki Tiki Island won and I was booted from Tiki Tiki Island, I have to assume that I was in that instance of the room which means I did not get the prize.

So, can someone explain why I was booted? And was Hula the person who booted me?

If you were afk when the Host came in, yes you were probably booted. Even if it was for a matter of a few minutes, it was at the wrong time evidently. I heard that Hula had asked people to go over the bridge to get their prizes for that specific win today, and had booted those afk. And guess what, that meant that others waiting in line had gotten in. Messages on friends list travel fast ;) And No I didn't win. My guess is that is what happened to you. I'm very sorry it did, not really fair, since others have received prizes while being afk and even dream rooms while afk.
Having said that, I know this isn't a rant thread, but just to maybe understand the boot logic. I have been trying extremely hard to get any kind of Dreams prize besides ears or ebay promotion prizes. I have been on for every single dream event, and nothing. So, I wish that Hosts would have been booting afk people from the beginning of the month, maybe I would actually have something by now :) Being afk isn't really playing the game of vmk.
Again I am very sorry this happened to you, especially since it sounds like you were not afk the entire time. I hope that maybe clears up some confusion for you.

Check you inventory to see if you may have recieved the items. She was having a problem with titles and said grrr i have to get them all again. I would check to be sure. One player had to leave due to a very bad storm and Hula said to go don't fry your computer and she had their title. That let another player in also. I think 3 players came in after Hula arrived. Funny how the room seemed completely afk and as soon as Hula appeared everyone was wide awake.

Bug

Well thanks all for your explanations. I had disconnected earlier, and had to log back in and actually was not able to get back into the same instance I was in earlier. I was having really bad lag, that's why I don't talk or move much. I checked my inventory, nothing for me.

Well I guess that will teach me a lesson about taking a potty break. From now on I'll just have to hold it LOL.

I don't believe it starts again until 8:30pm EST.

I don't know what to think of the boot while afk thing... if people are gone hours and hours, I could understand somewhat, but does VMK really expect us to never have to leave the computer during a 3 or even 2 hour event to answer the phone, the door, get some water, go in the restroom, tend to children, etc.? Unless they can see how long you've been afk, seems strange to me. That'd be awful to have to go in the other room for even 10 minutes after waiting for hours and then get booted for being afk.

If we get booted now for being afk, I guess I just shouldn't bother trying to win anymore. Lots of computer problems lately and I freeze for up to an hour at a time, almost. I'm sitting right here but can't see or do anything different times because my computer's gone psycho. :sad2:

As was already said Happy, check your inventory. Edit: we posted around the same time, so never mind. So sorry that happened to you! :( Hopefully it was an accident or something and this isn't some new policy in place at this late stage in the month.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter