Horseback riding

Atotty

DIS Veteran
Has anyone gone horseback riding at FW? If so, would you give me some details? I'm looking for something we haven't done yet that would be fun for girls 9 - 16. Thanks!

We have done this a couple times. I like it, I think it's fun.
I believe the girls will like it , especially if they have never been onna horse before.
The ride is about a hour, it is a slow trail ride with several people, nice and leisurely. If your lookn for a rip roar'n shoot'em up gallap type thingy,,this anit it.
I would try to do the early rides, you hava better chance of see'n more wildlife.

We have also done it a couple of times. My kids were about 12 and 14 at the time and they liked it. The horses are very slow and like to stop and eat the bushes alot. There is no galloping or running, only walking very slowly.
The horses go in a single file line (they're trained pretty well) and have good temperment. The rides are about an hour and we saw some wildlife (mostly deer).
If you have ridden horses alot before, this will be boring for you. But for the newbie or younger kids it was a nice way to spend an hour.

I really wish they would offer something along the lines of a "hack" in addition to a trail ride. Both myself and DD's have grown up riding, and we would definitely enjoy being able to at least trot, or even better, canter or lope. I wonder if there would be a viable interest in this? I wonder if it's some sort of liability/insurance type restriction? Hmmmmmm.....

We like to say that "we are going to ride wild stallions"! Truth is it is a slow, nice paced ride through the woods at FW. We don't have the opportunity to ride any horses at home, so the WDW version of horseback riding is fine with us.

The Trail rides are $42 for 45 minutes; hours of operation vary by season. You must check in 30 minutes prior to your ride. :woohoo:

I did it last year. I don't ride a horse, except maybe once every few years, and while it was OK, I found it to be about 20 minutes too long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter