• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Horseback riding?

disneydonkey

Earning My Ears
Has anyone tried the horseback riding trip? How much did it cost and would you recommend it? tia

We did it about 5 years ago, so I dont know if it has changed. It depends if you are doing it just for your children to be on a horse if you are expecting a real trail ride. We followed in a line behind each other at a walk on a trail through the trees. We really didnt see anything except trees and dust. My girls were young and thought it was really fun to ride a horse so it was worth it for us.

I just called Disney on this and it's $42 per person. They do it all day logn and there's no need to request one in advance. You have to be at least 9 years old, 48 inches tall and not weigh more than 250 pounds.

They also have pony rides for kids 2+ for $4

We definitely had to make our reservations ahead of time, but maybe it depends when you go. The ride before us was packed and our trail ride had the max amount of people as well. It was pretty fun though I probably wouldn't do it again anytime soon...but if you have never done it then I think it would be fun! Just make sure to make reservations before you go - you don't have to pay until you get there though!

I just called Disney on this and it's $42 per person. They do it all day logn and there's no need to request one in advance. You have to be at least 9 years old, 48 inches tall and not weigh more than 250 pounds.

They also have pony rides for kids 2+ for $4

OK, for the trail ride you should deffinatly reserve ahead, for the pony ride, no way to do it. Just so no one get confused, the trail ride is at the Outpost area of FW, this is where park buses(except MK, no bus)drop guests off at FW. The pony rides are in the petting farm, at the Settlement area of FW, just a short walk from the boat dock(from MK, or WL/CR).

Honestly, its just OK. I'd rather spend my money doing another recreation (water mouse, parasail, more time at the parks) but then again, I'm not a huge horse fan!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter