Horseback riding in or near Orlando

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by BYC, Apr 28, 2006.

1. BYC

BYC DIS Veteran

My husband and sons will be doing a Segway tour. My daughter will be one month short of 16, so she can't do it. We love riding, and thought we may be able to go off site for a trail ride. I know Disney has a trail ride, but it is way too tame for us. My question is....does anyone know a good stable with healthy horses, preferably that has English saddles for a trail ride? Thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. spiceycat

spiceycat dvc-blt,vwl,bwv

4. BYC

BYC DIS Veteran

Thanks! I'll check them out!

5. isla bonita

isla bonita DIS Veteran

Horse world on Poinciana BLVd might be just the thing. We pass it on our way to the sactuary.
    http://www.horseworldstables.com/
    Hope it helps. Sorry I have never and would never ride again in my life time. So I can not give you any information specific to how it is.

6. kty1

kty1 Earning My Ears

Hi my husband took our 2 girls 10 &7 to Horse World Stables, as mentioned above. They had a great time it was about an hour apx $35 for adults and a little less for the kids. The kids also got pictures of themselves on the horse. They went on a path through the woods. I didn't go myself, so thats all the info I have. Hope this helps.

7. meka15

meka15 Mouseketeer

8. travelin' tigger

travelin' tigger DIS Veteran

I did this last year here and even though it is walking also, it was 10x better than WDW. It was just myself and a wrangler, and went for an hour ride over a portion of their property (which is HUGE). Saw assorted wildlife, including an alligator (at a distance, thank you) and really enjoyed the relaxing ride. Saddles are western.

HTH!!! :teeth: