• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Horse Owners: A place for us on the Dis

Oh Michelle that looks like that really hurts. I hope Ivan is okay. Poor baby. Give him horsie hugs from us. :grouphug:

And the second picture of the coyotes romping around would freak me out!! I think you need a guardian donkey. There has to be a horse auction around there. Those donkeys practically sell for pennies at the auctions around here and they are always available. Just don't get a spotted one. Our British trainer, who doesn't normally seem superstitious, said that spotted donks are bad luck. :confused3

Oh Michelle that looks like that really hurts. I hope Ivan is okay. Poor baby. Give him horsie hugs from us. :grouphug:

And the second picture of the coyotes romping around would freak me out!! I think you need a guardian donkey. There has to be a horse auction around there. Those donkeys practically sell for pennies at the auctions around here and they are always available. Just don't get a spotted one. Our British trainer, who doesn't normally seem superstitious, said that spotted donks are bad luck. :confused3

The ding bat is pretty much all healed up now. It was sore for a couple of days, but all superficial. I love the spotted Donkies...I didn't know they were bad luck!!

Home alone and a little bored today so I went out to play with my camera and got these....

12nov14.jpg

12nov22.jpg

12nov24.jpg

12nov26.jpg

Sitting in the middle of a tornado warning, washing my pregnant mare's udders. I think, she's appreciative. Lol

I originally started this thread & hope to breathe life back into it
been away from the Disboards for a long time & recently came back
I still have Maxine she turned 6 on Mothers Day I hope to renew friendships I never forgot any of you..hope to,make new friends to so put aside that muck rake sit on a bale of hay & lets talk coffee anyone ?

Ruthie

I still have Maxine she turned 6 on Mothers Day I hope to renew friendships I never forgot any of you..hope to,make new friends to so put aside that muck rake sit on a bale of hay & lets talk coffee anyone ?

Ruthie

Hi, remember me? Lets catch up!

Hey,

I'm back in. We have had major changes to our horsie world. We moved and brought our horses with us. So we are now the full time caretakers to our girls. And we added a little guy to the mix. Our DD had been begging for a mini but I would never get one when we were boarding. The deal was that we had to have taken care of our horses for a year before we would add to the group. Well that changed quickly. ;)

We found out that a mini breeder had died and his partner just wanted to rehome the horses. We were able to get a breeding stallion with excellent blood lines for free. So we picked him up (and then gelded him :lmao:). He is the best trained horse. I love this little man. He is awesome!!! Even the vet was shocked at how well trained he was. My DD showed him constantly this summer. She has even won end of year Grand Champion in the Junior in-hand trail division at the association that we belong to!! :thumbsup2 And we missed the first two shows of the season with him!! Love this guy!

Our big girls are a handful. My DD's Haflinger is too smart for her own good. And unfortunately she is hard on fences. Ugh. She also gets bored very easily. So in my infinite wisdom (where is the eye roll smilie) I purchased one of those big balls that they can push around the paddock. That worked for about 1 minute. She liked it, pushed it and then gave it a great big shove - right into the back end of my blind mare that promptly kicked it right back at her with all her force. I wish I had that on video. It was pretty funny. Once I calmed the girls down, I took the ball out and gave it to the mini. It's bigger than he is. :rotfl2: He's not a fan.

My mare has fully lost her sight now. She's hanging in but has good weeks and bad weeks. She is extremely healthy but some weeks she is much more skittish than others. There are days when she is fine but then there are days where she freaks out if she hears a leaf rustle. :( It breaks my heart to see her walk into things. DD's halfie is really very good with her. She is her eyes. And Dd's horse doesn't get upset when mine walks into her. She just moves to the side. My horse will scratch her head on my Dd's horse and some days just lean her head against her. They are buddies. On show days we leave mine stalled because she hates being in the field by herself. She will run into the fences trying to find her buddy. :( We've already made the decision that once it becomes too much emotionally for my mare that we will put her down. :( The best thing is that she is extremely well trained. She must have been someone's show horse at one point. When we went to move her from the boarding facility to our home I thought she would freak out getting into the trailer. Instead, she loaded right up as if she had done it a hundred times. Dd's horse gave us crap. :rolleyes2

That's our update. I'll try to post pictures from home later tonight.
- Allison

Welcome back to the barn ! Of course I remember you both So glad I jumped back in What better way to end one year & start a new one Been through so much since last time here but no whining There's a saying that if we all threw our problems into the middle of the road, we would look around & quickly run to grab up our own...I was a strong & spiritual woman before I am more so now......moving on

Alison I hope your mare has more good days So hard when we love them so Would love to see pics

Kathy Still live NH ? I remember your brother lives here let's stay in touch I promise to

I don't have internet at home just access through cellphone so won't be posting pics hope I can change that in January That's all for now next few days I pla to go back and read last 50 + pages looking forward to Michelle, Jenasis and many more coming back & to meeting others new & people that added to our thread when I wasn't able to be here:grouphug:

Ruthie

Sup gang!

Things doing well here at the farm. We finished the show season on a high note with a few year end champions. Had a few new boarders move in (and some move out, but such is the biz). You may have seen my thread from this past Saturday regaling the DIS with the tale of how I had the snot kicked out of me on a trail ride. Still bruised and sore from that one!

Looking forward to reconnecting with my horsey friends and meeting all the new ones here on the DIS.

So glad you had your ears pricked up and heard the welcoming whinny of Maxine calling all back to the barn :goodvibes

Haven't read the thread you mentioned above :rotfl2: yet [re: the snot ..always did have a waywith words ! ] Sure its a doozy, glad you weren't seriously hurt

Since last here I finally got a job overnight shift so as soon as I can I will find your thread meanwhile Welcome back, put out the call we're back !!

Ruthie

:wave:

Welcome back everyone!!

:cool1: Glad to see you Michelle I'm glad you are here I've thought of Ivan (& you) very often ! Sorry so much time has passed looking forward to pics & updates

Jennasis: Read about the accident and posted there :scared: glad all okay now but I KnOW I would have had to change my pants immediately if it had been me ! :rotfl2:

Ruthie
Welcome back, Ruthie, and everyone!

I've been studying Parelli (don't shoot me, I understand some don't care for this style of horsemanship) since adding a second off-track trotter to my life last July. The second horse is a mare, was 7yo when I got her, is very high energy and had zero experience with rider, trails or anything outside track life. Without the Parelli training and the many new skills added to my toolkit, I'd be dead by now. ('Dead' is an exaggeration, but I'd certainly be very discouraged and likely dominated by this mare.)

She underwent arthroscopic surgery on both front legs last Dec to address bone chips floating in the fetlock joints. She is now 100% on one leg and ~75-95% on the other. Some days she is rideable, some days she is not. We have lots of fun together either way.

I've been doing much less riding this past year and much more groundwork ... but so it goes. On the bright side, I've lost 30 lbs since starting Parelli. (Seems to go with the territory.)

Cheers and welcome back!

I haven't been taking many pictures lately but he's a funny one of Ivan and my DD this summer. We tried to go trail riding in July which we don't normally do since it's a million degrees outside. But we got up early and headed out...it was a SHORT ride! The heat didn't bother us but the swarms of horse flies did! I've never seen so many, it was awful. I can tolerate a few here and there, but there were no less than 10 swarming the horses the entire time...we tried going different ways, tried to outrun them Lol, and nothing worked so we gave up. (yes, she's wearing sneakers...but she isn't my horse kid and it's all she had).

IMG_2325 by michellevw04, on Flickr

theres the boy gotta admit out of everyone in our group I missed HIM the mo:laughing:st
you really should post a warning label when posting of him:
for your comfort and safety please do not have liquid in your mouth...and you may want to go pee ..this has been a public safety announcement

:laughing: damn horse gets me everytime the only thing missing especially in that first picture is the red clown nose !

and not to ignore your DD she's beautiful

theres the boy gotta admit out of everyone in our group I missed HIM the mo:laughing:st
you really should post a warning label when posting of him:
for your comfort and safety please do not have liquid in your mouth...and you may want to go pee ..this has been a public safety announcement

:laughing: damn horse gets me everytime the only thing missing especially in that first picture is the red clown nose !

and not to ignore your DD she's beautiful

Lol, Ivan is quite the character! He's a good boy too...he will go fast if you want him too, but I can put about anyone on him out on the trails and he takes good care of them. :goodvibes

I was trying to take a picture of DD and Ivan and the goofball just started to yawn!! I had the picture on the left as my facebook profile pic for awhile and the top right goofy one as my iphone background pic for awhile. :lmao:

I enjoyed your post in fact I had a reply, admittedly long to share about Maxine & me Problem is with no internet svc at home I can only post w/cellphone right now Living in bum flippin' egypt (remember TV show Green Acres ?) I keep losing wi-fi signal if try to post more than a paragraph most times Plan to do so tonight at work where there is a strong signal

And No one will shoot you rr-Parelli this is a drama free zone :goodvibes

I enjoyed your post in fact I had a reply, admittedly long to share about Maxine & me Problem is with no internet svc at home I can only post w/cellphone right now Living in bum flippin' egypt (remember TV show Green Acres ?) I keep losing wi-fi signal if try to post more than a paragraph most times Plan to do so tonight at work where there is a strong signal

And No one will shoot you rr-Parelli this is a drama free zone :goodvibes
Thanks for the assurance of being "safe" here.:goodvibes

I totally understand the issues of poor or no internet! We have only the slowest (least costly) subscription with HughesNet Satellite at home ... and we limp along the best we can. Yes, I remember the show Green Acres -- I loved it!

Thanks for the assurance of being "safe" here.:goodvibes

I totally understand the issues of poor or no internet! We have only the slowest (least costly) subscription with HughesNet Satellite at home ... and we limp along the best we can. Yes, I remember the show Green Acres -- I loved it!

Just like my barn, we're a drama-free zone here!

Speaking of horsey shows...anyone remember COWBOY U? Mmmmmmm Judd.

Just like my barn, we're a drama-free zone here!

Speaking of horsey shows...anyone remember COWBOY U? Mmmmmmm Judd.

:confused3 doesn't ring a bell what about 'Wide Country' ? I think I was pre-teen & was so smitten with Earl Holliman :happytv: that is until I fell in love with Richard Chamberlain Dr Kildare and then abandoned him for Chad Everett as Dr Joe Gannon in Medical Center and then Richard got me again in The Thornbirds (God forgive my thoughts then ;-) ) and lets not forget Little Joe Cartwright.......I think I'm starting to see a pattern here :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter