Horrible room at Sequoia Lodge

Sorry to hear you had such a bad time.

I hope you complain and get a reasonable outcome. I complained about the staff at the DLP and got a very good response to my complaint i really hope you get the same.

Not this poster. I'm actually amazed that they do that. If I lose my shopping while I'm in the car park at Tesco, I don't expect them to replace it for nothing. LOL. Good for Disney - that is really good customer service. :thumbsup2

Sorry OP - wandered OT there.

Well I guess Disney are some thing else.

Whilst my parents were in WDW they ahd a xmas party ticket and got the wrong date told disney and they said fine even though it was my parents fault.

The thing is, that i had a classic package consisting of a hotel booking and a 5 day park ticket. She could have seen that on her computer monitor. She would then know, that i already had payed for entrance to the parks. The new ticket would only cost Disney the paper its printed on.

So why should i pay twice. They had the documentation to confirm they had received their payment.

......................................................................................

Ofcause they have to deal with the guests, thats why they work there.

She was the one being rude to me. Instead of offering to help, she immediately asked me: What are going to do about it, are you going to buy a new ticket (she said with a suspicious tone in her voice and with suspicious facial expressions).

I did in fact behave, but i was starting to get upset. I had every right to, since she was the one doubting my explanation in the first place.

Regarding me expecting to get treated well. As a repeat customer, haveing spend thousands of euro over the years, then yes, thats what i expect.

Disney charges premium prices for their hotels, so good service is reasonable to expect.

Im really a nice guy, but if someone contest my honesty, then i get upset.

I couldnt agree with you more whilst stayin at sanat fe in January all but one member of staff we were served by was rude to us you wouldnt get this in WDW.

I would expect disney to issue me a new one as well may be you should of just gone straight to city hall or ticket stands they seem to be a bit more possitive

Not this poster. I'm actually amazed that they do that. If I lose my shopping while I'm in the car park at Tesco, I don't expect them to replace it for nothing. LOL. Good for Disney - that is really good customer service. :thumbsup2

Sorry OP - wandered OT there.

Sorry but I disagree. Having a disney ticket/entrance through the parks as part of your reservation is no different to me than my annual season ticket for the train. If I lose it I should get another one for free. It's not something you can sell, its tied to your name/reservation etc. Surely the room tickets are all computerised so if someone loses it they can be nullified and new ones issued, again just like my Oyster card. I would definitely expect to get replacement tickets if I lost mine had I booked a package which included park tickets.

Sorry but I disagree. Having a disney ticket/entrance through the parks as part of your reservation is no different to me than my annual season ticket for the train. If I lose it I should get another one for free. It's not something you can sell, its tied to your name/reservation etc. Surely the room tickets are all computerised so if someone loses it they can be nullified and new ones issued, again just like my Oyster card. I would definitely expect to get replacement tickets if I lost mine had I booked a package which included park tickets.

I think you are right - I'd be really upset if I'd lost my ticket and didn't get a replacement. I know it would be my fault but as you say, but I'm assuming it's easily rectifiable by cancelling the original ticket and reissuing???

Also, I've lost season ticket for the train. I reported it to the police and they gave me a crime number as I couldn't say for definate whether I put it down or someone took it. I got a replacement straight away. I would hope disney would trust a person enough to reissue a ticket, I think though that the manners of some of the DLP CM's do need a touch of the old WDW magic!

We had similar customer service - or lack of - there in January. We emailed a complaint as we were without electricity in our room for the first 2 days....

We much preferred the Cheyenne and wont be going back to SL if we can help it.
FYI I had no electricity at the Cheyenne recently, and had no hot water at the Sequoia over the winter.

The continuing poor condition of the hotels recently along with the shunning of German customers has prompted me to no longer stay onsite. They have lost all of my hotel revenue and I go a lot!

I'm slightly dubious about our next trip now. It'll be the first time staying at the Sequoia Lodge and after reading this thread, I'm not sure I'm looking forward to it quite as much now.

I couldnt agree with you more whilst stayin at sanat fe in January all but one member of staff we were served by was rude to us you wouldnt get this in WDW.

I would expect disney to issue me a new one as well may be you should of just gone straight to city hall or ticket stands they seem to be a bit more possitive

I disagree. I have been to WDW many times (I own DVC) and also to DLRP many times and I have had reason to complain about cast at WDW a few times, maybe more than at DLRP. You will always get cast who do not contribute to the show!!! You just need to let management know of your dissatisfaction and be polite but persistant and something will usually be done for you (even if it does take a good while!! Disney have set such good standards for themselves over the years and when they do not meet them, we, rightly, feel cheated.
OP this is totally unacceptable and I would be vigorous with your complaining.
Write every week until you get a satisfactory outcome!! It is so sad. I have stayed at SL many many times and never had to put up with anything like this.
Joanne

I'm really worried too. I go on Thursday for the first time to DLP and I'm not really looking forward to it now. :sad2:

It wasn't my choice of hotel anyway (I wanted to go to the NYH) but went with that as PIL are coming with us and I didn't want to increase there budget.

Oh dear.

The state of your room was 100% UNACCEPTABLE even if you were staying at the roach motel. Thsi is Disney we are talking about for goodness sakes. Any hotel should have this squared away immediately but to think it could happen at a Disney resort really dismays me. I am a WDW veteran and have had few instances with poor cast member attitude or service. By the way WDW uses college students at low wage as well and they are held to a high standard and so should those at DLRP. Perhaps it is acceptable in France to treat people that way ( I am American so I do not know all of the cultural acceptances and do not mean any offense to anyone) but with the Disney I know and love it is never accepted. Perhaps Disney has let the mangement of the park here get away with far too much and it is time to reign them in. I also would write incessently and would also contact the customer relations staff n the states to possibly shed some light on the shabby presentation that is seeming to become all too recurrent at DLRP. We are slated to go for our 1st Time to DLRP in 3 weeks and I can assure you if I were to be spoken to in the manner you were I would also be quite upset. I just hope I can keep my composure as well as you did. And as for the incident with the ticket, accidents happen and you are correct that it is all too easy for them to track and reissue your ticket just like a room key so you were more that correct to ask for a replacement. To expect you to pay for an additional ticket was ludicrous and the cast member was probably trying to take your for a fool and take your money for themselves. Well at least it seems that they had some interest in not re issuing your ticket, albeit maybe only laziness.:guilty:

I do hope you get a proper result to your complaint.

Here's hoping our first time is better than your unfortunate stay.:bitelip:

The hotel room access card is seperate to the park admission ticket. Depending on how sophisticated the technology is in the ticket readers, it may or may not be possible to cancel park admission tickets. If the ticket readers are not linked to a central system and only rely on the info encoded onto the magnetic strip then, and I'm not saying that anyone on here would do it, in theory it would be possible to sell your park tickets on to be used by someone else (park access tickets have both your name and the name of your hotel printed on the back, but that information is never checked when entering the parks). If this is the case then I can fully understand Disneys reluctance to replace lost tickets.

The hotel room access card is seperate to the park admission ticket. Depending on how sophisticated the technology is in the ticket readers, it may or may not be possible to cancel park admission tickets. If the ticket readers are not linked to a central system and only rely on the info encoded onto the magnetic strip then, and I'm not saying that anyone on here would do it, in theory it would be possible to sell your park tickets on to be used by someone else (park access tickets have both your name and the name of your hotel printed on the back, but that information is never checked when entering the parks). If this is the case then I can fully understand Disneys reluctance to replace lost tickets.

As I read that these tickets are sold on E-bay to re-use as fast pass I think the system to cancel them when you lost them does not exist.

Why else would they use such an over dated system to punch a hole in the ticket to see how often the tickets are used??

As I read that these tickets are sold on E-bay to re-use as fast pass I think the system to cancel them when you lost them does not exist.
Why else would they use such an over dated system to punch a hole in the ticket to see how often the tickets are used??
I suspected as much.....and I can therefore fully understand Disneys reluctance to replace lost tickets free of charge when they're potentially losing revenue.

The tickets sold on e-bay as 'fast pass tickets' are different to park entrance tickets. They can only be used to gain a fast pass for a ride and will not give you entrance to the park. Park entrance tickets are used in the same way to gain a fast pass for a ride.

Hi KFlan . Elaine, Jackie, Elaine and Reid welcome to DLP DIS board :wave2:

We are a friendly bunch here so please join in on any other thread or if you have a number of questions then just start a new thread for each :goodvibes

If you have not had a look yet, DLP posting rules are here, DIS posting guidelines can be found here.

The tickets sold on e-bay as 'fast pass tickets' are different to park entrance tickets. They can only be used to gain a fast pass for a ride and will not give you entrance to the park. Park entrance tickets are used in the same way to gain a fast pass for a ride.

The point is that Disney is obviously not able to "clear" passes.
Again they use an system from ages ago to see how often the tickets are used to gain park entrance.
If it was possible to clear them I'm sure the whole system of using old tickets to gain fast passes would have been blocked years ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter