Horrible names

When my dh was laid off three years ago, one of the many jobs he had to get us through was managing a local mall's Santa booth. One night a woman came up and proudly introduced her 6yo twins, Diamond and Diamonique.

Imagine growing up as the "fake", knowing your sister was the "real thing"! :rolleyes:

That's really not funny at all...but it made me giggle.

Poor little girl.

I know people with some good ones: Most Precious, Bird Eagle and Poison Ivy.

I also know a brother and sister (not twins) named Wells and Lake. :rolleyes: Real cute kids, though.

I have a friend who showed me her dads yearbook, because I couldn't believe it. There was a girl named Koetter Buttoff.

how about Buffy? I know it's not horrible but it is still a name that well I would name my dog :thumbsup2

My parents told my of some pretty awful names of people they knew in Cuba:
Usmail (U.S Mail, pronounced us-may-el)
Usnavy (U.S Navy, pronounced us-na-vey)
And I can't type it here but it is spelled exactly like the "proper" name for a woman's lady bits, but it is pronounced va-he-nah :eek: :confused:

At one of my old jobs we had a client whose name was Richard Head, except that he didn't go by Richard...

Also, my ex-boyfriend was pretty dead set on naming his first son Doctor. The kid's middle name? Zombie. Doctor Zombie. Glad I avoided that one ;)

My sister's friend knew a lady with the last name Rabbit. She named her daughter Bunny and her son Peter.
There is a doctor in our area with the last name Payne. :)

I work with a girl named Prayer Faith. Which she gets a lot of comments on. I also have a cousin that named her son Seven.

I just saw the Seinfeld episode where George wanted to name his baby that!

There's a kid in our school system named Bocephus.

I remember reading a few years back about a NYC paramedic that suggested to a woman that he was aiding on a 911 call that she name her baby Placenta, and she did. And he got suspended for it.

When we were epecting our first, we were putting family neams together and came up with Clark Kent. Tehn we ended up calling the first sone Chip. So waht did the inlaws come up with.? Name the secone one Dale, after the Rescue rangers. I caould only figure the neighbors would be out looking for the dancers when I called them in for dinner!

to bad #2 is Mike Tison. Not big 24 years ago!!

According to the criminal records in our city, there was a guy arrested for crack named "Omegatron Ozone" with a normal last name.

ha ha! this one cracked me up!!!

The security guard where I work is Ron Rahn. Not horrible, but not so good either.

We had a double-sub day in Geometry today. That means the Teacher was a Substitute and the Assistant was a substitute. They let us call them by their first names. The teacher was a women named Silllhillokwee (spelled like that) and her sister (the assistant) was Sayrenndippittiee (also spelled like that). That was CRAZY!

At one of my old jobs we had a client whose name was Richard Head, except that he didn't go by Richard...

My English teacher is Richard Ryder...

My husband booked in a woman named Abcd (ab-si-dee) He didn't believe her and asked to see her drivers license to prove it.

At school we have all kinds seems a lot of people love the Lexus cars because we have had various forms of that...

I heard a kid being called at DS's basketball game tonight. His name was "Stratton". Funny enough, we knew a woman who named her son "Briggs'. Wish we could introduce them..

There's a girl in my class whose name is Stormie. But these are a lot worse!

I went to school with a guy named Rhett..I think his mom had a Gone With the Wind obsession or something. He didn't look anything like a Rhett, either. He looked more like the spokesperson for Mad Magazine:
alfred_e_neuman.jpg

I went to high school with a guy named Rhett who looked like this, red hair and all! He was a smart guy, as I recall. Small world or coincidence?

-- Susan :scratchin

When I was in college I worked at a local hospital on the mother/baby unit and we used to keep a book of all the crazy names...it has been a few years but there are a couple that still stand out--

1) twins--Jesse James and John Wayne
2) Shaquilla O'Neila
3) Tree Frog (no kidding...and it was one of the doctors!)
4) Clymedia Ann (like the disease...we tried to talk her out of it)
5) twins--Bobby Tyler and Bobby Taylor (SS bureau veto b/c cards would read Bobby T. ___ and Bobby T. ___ w/same birthday...man the mom was p*ssed)
6) My personal favorite--George Herbert Walker Bush (he had just gotten elected)

Come to think of it...I really miss that job. It was tons of fun.

Any made up name.

A close friend of mine is named Chauntia. It is pronounced shawn-TIA, which is really a very pretty name, IMO. And though she likes it well enough, nobody ever knows how to pronounce or spell it. Even when you spell it for them, they still get it wrong. Disney did. Drives her kinda bonkers sometimes. The funniest pronunciation I ever heard was Chew-en-tina. :)

I have an extremely common name that everyone knows how to pronounce and have often said I'd like a pretty and uncommon name like hers. She'd die to be "Mary" or something, so I have to take her word for it. Any time a restaurant or anyone asks for a name, she gives mine.

All three of her kids have very, very common names, lol.

OK well of course there's that commercial where her husband eats the dog treats. The husband's name is REX?! REX?!?!?! WHO the HELL names the kid REX?!

My boss's name is Rex - he HATED it as a kid - even if it does mean "King".

I think the Biggest Loser couple Matt and Suzy named their first son Rex but I could be wrong.

My daughter's name is Rayne (pronounced Rain)

I grew up with an unusual name too..Charity

I like unusual names to a point, some on here are ridiculous.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter