Horizons Resurrected

TavieP

DIS Veteran
Horizons was my all-time favorite attraction at WDW - I must have ridden it dozens of times before it closed in the late nineties.

In the throes of nostalgia, I stumbled across this amazing site called http://horizonsresurrected.com

This guy's more obsessed than I am! He says:

My mission is to recreate this lost EPCOT Center attraction in virtual 3D space, so that it can once again be experienced and enjoyed by all.

First, I will recreate the entire HORIZONS pavilion as a 3d model (including all lighting, show scenes, and animated moving parts) using a combination of Google Sketchup and 3D Studio MAX.

Then, I will create an interactive version of the pavilion so that it can be experienced in first person (like an FPS video game) through the web.​

He only has a bit up now and you need a pretty good processor on your computer to be able to view it smoothly, but man - it's really gorgeous. If you're an Epcot fan and remember it fondly, you must check it out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter