Horizon's by Marriott

tobrien

Earning My Ears
Just back from 4 nights at this resort. There didn't seem to be much collective knowledge on it before we went, so I thought I'd add my two cents.

We had a terrific time! The resort is beautiful and spotless. The rooms are over 1000 square feet. Paid about $120 for two bedrooms, two baths, full kitchen etc. There were daily activities for the kids and two wonderful pool/waterworks areas. We spent one of our three full days just hanging out at the pool and the kids (2 and 4) could not get enough of the pirate ship/squirting cannons etc. The staff were very helpful and friendly. And, if I learned one thing, it was that I definitely need a new mattress at home! The mattresses had no markings, but they were the most comfortable beds I've ever slept on.

USF and IOA were great - no lines at all. We walked on to Spidey, JP, Dr. Doom numerous times. The longest wait was 20 minutes and that was for the little kids' ride 1 fish, 2 fish!

Only complaint would be with National rental car at the airport. Waited 45 minutes with 5 other familys for a reserved mini-van that never arrived. Were finally given a Blazer for all of us to squeeze into.

I'd be happy to answer any questions regarding Horizons.

Glad you had such a good time! My family and I are going to Horizons this coming July (kids are 11,8 and7). Are all the planned amenities in place yet i.e. putt putt course, movie theater, general store, restaurant etc.

Nope. There are only three buildings complete and they were building another one (far away so no noise) while we were there. The pool, waterworks, small arcade are done and there is a grill/bar poolside, but no real sit down restaurant as of yet. Not sure of the plan for completion of the other amenities.

hey tobrien,

Where id you get that rate from $120 per night for Horizons, would appreciate if you could give me the details.

regards Gumshoe:smooth:

tobrien,
I was glad to hear you had a great time. We are leaving the 16th for a week at Horizons.
Our son is 4 also, and we plan on enjoying the children's pool, but I was wondering what exactly are the children's activities you mentioned?
Could you tell me what the kitchen amenties are like? Since we are staying a week I plan on fixing a few simple meals , esp. breakfast. Are there pots, pans and utensils like spatulas, etc? I know they have stove, microwave, and toaster.
We are planning on IOA and US too, but we were wondering if there was enough there for our 4 yr old. Any more insight or advice you have would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much!

tobrien,

What other ammenities does the resort have? Are there tennis courts?

There is a short list of amenities at their website www.marriott.com/vacationclub and a list of what is planned in the future at www.marriottvacationclub.com/mvc. No tennis courts currently on site.

The children's activities included pool games centered around the pirate ship theme, tie dying t-shirts, ice cream sundae making, plus others. The older kids also took "field trips" in the evenings.

The kitchen is completely stocked with service for 8, pots, pans, knives, even a blender. I don't remember a spatula, but I'd bet there was one there! We didn't find a big grocery store anywhere close by, so stop on your way in if you see one.

There is a lot for a 4 year old to do at the Universal parks. We got there as early as we could and stayed until 3 or 4 - until the kids were too tired and had to go back. Each park has at least one water park like area for the kids - Curious George at US and Dr. Seuss and another one in the back at IOA. There are also kids' rides at both places and my son loved the show's - especially Animal Planet. I don't know how tall your child is, but my son was tall enough to go on some of the bigger rides like MIB. He's not too fond of dinosaurs, so we didn't take him on Jurassic Park even though he was big enough. Check out the website - www.usfinfo.com for a lot of info. Also try here - http://www.disboards.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27944

Thanks so much for your reply! Your information is really helpful.
There are so many nice people here on the boards and I've gotten, and given (hopefully)
some good advice and tips.
Thanks Again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter