Hopping and Parking

summersfam4

Mouseketeer
Hello all great number crunchers! I am busy like all of the rest of you crunching those Disney numbers for our trip in September, working on the best budget friendly options for our family. This will be the first time that we are using Park Hopper plus passes (yes we have been among the 1 day pass users paying gate prices :o ) and I am unsure about the parking while I am hopping. We will be staying offsite (resort booked and paid) and will be driving our own car since we live only 6 hours away, so we will be using our own transportation which we prefer to visit the parks. My question is if we want to hop from say Animal Kingdom to Epcot for the evening will we have to pay parking in both Animal Kingdom and Epcot or will we be able to show the AK parking pass to park at Epcot? Or is there another way to get to Epcot from Animal Kingdom leaving our car at AK untill we are done at Epcot even though AK (I believe) closes before Epcot (will we still be able to get our car out?). Also if we hop to two parks on the same day does it count as using one day on the park hopper or two, can you tell we are never before hopper users or what :eek: ! LOL orderig my 5 day 4 plus hopper today through mousesavers and ticketmania YIPPEE!!!

Kelly :wave2:

You only pay once per day.

You can get to any park from AK; there are buses. Same with Epcot. I took a bus from Epcot to AK on our last trip.

WDW makes it pretty easy to park hop!

Just returned back from using a 3 day hopper pass. You can take the monorail from either park to the other or drive and you do not have to pay again for parking. We did Ak and MGM one day, MK the second and then Epcot and MK the third and used the Monorail. The transportation is excellent!!!! I cannot wait to go back!!!!

Many thanks, I know now how much to put in the envelopes for park days!

:bounce: Can't wait to go hopping!:bounce:

Kelly

Just a FYI (and it may not even apply). WDW transportation is for those staying onsite and if you are there during a really, really busy time, they could ask for proof that you are staying on site to use the bus, monorail, boats..etc. Our last trip(01), we did see a few being turned away. Now, that could have changed, I don't know. And it is really unlikely that would happen, I just wanted to let you know (I wouldn't want to see you stranded somewhere).

Hope you have a great trip!

Originally posted by poohandwendy
WDW transportation is for those staying onsite

Actually, no. WDW transportation is open to anyone with a valid MULTI-DAY pass. You do not have to be staying on-site to use it. Check the official WDW web site if you doubt me. :D

Mary
MouseSavers.com

Thanks Mary, I stand corrected...I don't doubt you, I actually came back here because my DH corrected me (LOL) when I mentioned it...he said there was some other reason the people we saw were not allowed on the bus. And he also said it wasn't our last trip (01) but an earlier trip...I am not even sure when.... He couldn't remember why though...(maybe it was a pass thing, who knows) I just rememeber being surprised that they checked ids (but our passes were always room keys, so I guess it doesn't matter)

So...totally disregard my post above...LOL...pre senior moment...:teeth:

Many thanks again to Food Lover and poohandwendy. poohandwendy don't worry at all I blame all of those "moments" on having kids (when they are out of earshot) there is just to much to think about! I was thinking as I read your post that I would have to make sure I wore something lime green so that no matter what I could be saved by a DIS member.::yes:: Mary, I don't believe that there is anyone out there whom would doubt the all-knowing mousesaver. You have saved the mouse for our family many times even though we have been one one day one park ticket holders before, we have also been onsite peeps with discount codes and snack carriers ;)

Kelly

If you are sure you are not going off property for a mid-day nap/swim back at your hotel, park at the place you plan on ENDING your day. Then take transportation to the park you are starting your day at.

This means you skip two trams/walks to and from the lot and not having to remember two times where you parked (I always write it down)

RobinMarie Thanks for the great tip, I know we will want to get to the car as quickly as possible after long park days with 2 DD's, we don't return to the resort at all during the day so I'll have to remember to park at our ending theme park. ::yes::

Kelly

Originally posted by drayton
Just returned back from using a 3 day hopper pass. You can take the monorail from either park to the other or drive and you do not have to pay again for parking. We did Ak and MGM one day, MK the second and then Epcot and MK the third and used the Monorail. The transportation is excellent!!!! I cannot wait to go back!!!!
Just to clarify, there are no monorails between AK and any other park. You can either use the Disney bus system to get from the AK to the other parks or you can drive your own car. The only monorails are for the MK resorts, the TTC to the MK and the TTC to EPCOT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter