Hopper pass worth it?

ericaaalynn

Earning My Ears
I'm planning on going to Disney World with my two friends in late August and I was thinking about getting a hopper pass. The only time I have ever had one is when I first went to Disney World years ago...the other times I have just gone to one park each day. I think it would come in handy because I would like be at the parks right when they open...but I'd also like to stay for fireworks late at night. So, instead at staying there all day long we could go back to our resort and then go back at night. Plus, we could leave a park for sometime, go to the water park and then go back to one of the parks for dinner or something. I'm just wondering if it's worth spending the extra money?

Thanks! :)

I'm planning on going to Disney World with my two friends in late August and I was thinking about getting a hopper pass. The only time I have ever had one is when I first went to Disney World years ago...the other times I have just gone to one park each day. I think it would come in handy because I would like be at the parks right when they open...but I'd also like to stay for fireworks late at night. So, instead at staying there all day long we could go back to our resort and then go back at night. Plus, we could leave a park for sometime, go to the water park and then go back to one of the parks for dinner or something. I'm just wondering if it's worth spending the extra money?

Thanks! :)

Do you know that you can reenter the same park you left later in the day without having to use a park hopper?

Re-entry is included on each ticket for the same park for the same day.

Personally we only got the PH the first time we were traveling with our inlaws. We don't ever get ph's and wouldn't unless we could only spend a day or two in the parks. We try to schedule atleast one if not two or more days per park during our vacation so we don't ever need the ph.

We love hopper passes. If you go to one park and it very busy you can hop over to another. We usually go to one park in the morning and a different one at night.

I think you're going to find most people like the hopper passes. But our family isn't among them! We stick to one park a day and it works out just fine. You can leave the park, go back to the resort, go to a resort meal, go to DTD, whatever you want, and then go back to the same park. The thought of going from park to park to park in one day overwhelms me! One park a day is perfect for us. And the $200-plus it would cost us to do park hoppers can be used for other things!

You don't need a park hopper to enter a waterpark and a regular park on the same day. If you have the waterpark and more option, those visits are separate from your other park tickets. For example if you have a 5 day base ticket with waterpark and more you have 5 days at MK, AK, Epcot, or DHS and you have 5 visits for a waterpark or Disney quest. So you can go to the waterpark in the morning and then to MK later in the day and you would use 1 WP&MORE ticket and 1 regular park ticket. You don't need a park hopper to do that.

Now as far as cost, a park hopper option costs $59 or a waterpark and more option costs $59. If you get both, it costs $84 (plus tax). So if you are already doing the waterpark option, it's not much more to add the hopper.

Oh okay, awesome! I guess I really don't need a hopper pass after all since I was really just interested in going to a park in the morning, leaving and coming back later. Thanks everyone! :wave2:

Go with the hopper if you go to a park and it is crazy busy you can hop over to another park. Your not stuck in that crazy crowded park. I enjoy going to one park opening it and switching to another park in evening. It will be crowded in August.

Are you planning on waterparks? You mentioned that in the original post. The cost of a waterpark ticket is $53. So if you pay to go to waterparks 2 times, you would spend more than the cost of adding waterpark and more with hopper option. I believe you can add these options on once you are at disney.
Have a great trip!

It varies on opinions, but I believe they are very worth it! Especially in busier months when you can rope drop 1 park, hit up another park midday for lunch (usually epcot for me haha) then go somewhere else for the evening show!

I like them as it makes dining easier as I can choose a restaurant at any park and not worry about it. Otherwise, I wouldn't care.

If you plan right you wont need the added expense. Plan 1 park per day and go back to do things again on other days. Trust me I've been that parent who's hit all 4 parks in one day, you dont want to do that! Wheres the magic in that?

I seem to be in the minority, but I never park hop. I use Touringplans.com (about $7) crowd calendar, and pick parks based on their recommendations when possible (avoid EMH parks, go to the Best park, or don't go to the the Avoid park) and I've never had a crowd problem. Plus, the money saved not buying hopper pass can easily pay for other things on the trip!

Sent from my rooted Samsung Galaxy SIII using the DISBoards app

The cost to add hopping (or WPF&M) is $59 ($63.90 including tax) per ticket. It does not matter if it is adult or child, two day or ten days, first day of use or last day of use, the price is the same. (For a Florida Resident it is $29.50 plus tax.)

Note that to add hopping to a one day ticket is $39 ($41.54 including tax). Note this applies specifically to a one day ticket and not to a multi-day ticket with one day left, and it does not apply to one day only on a multi-day ticket.

So if you are not sure, don't order them. If you find you do need them, then upgrade your tickets at any ticket window or Guest Relations Office. It only takes a minute or so.

If you go to the locked sticky Everything About WDW Tickets in the TPA&S Forum, especially Post #6, you can get a lot more information about upgrading. An easy way to get to the sticky is by clicking on the link in my signature. The ticket sticky is your friend!

I personally always get the park hopper option. We usually make use of it. If you are not planning on doing more than one park per day, obviously, it is no use to you. :) You can, however, add it on once you get there by going to any guest services counter should you change your mind. We like it because we can go to different parks for fireworks or dinner or just whenever we fancy.

If I were planning a long visit I don't see needing the hopper. If I have to keep to a 4- or 5- day visit or less I think I would get them.

I agree with many of the posts. It really depends on your planning and length of stay. If you have a shorter stay, the PH option might be of value, but if you have a decent length of time, you can plan your meals, night time shows, etc., around your daily park choice. That said, we have always chosen low crowd times, and have never had to leave a park due to crowd levels, as mentioned in many posts. That would be another consideration, although we have chosen late August twice and never had crowd issues. (But is has been hot!) More of a convoluted question than it seems at face value! Personally, I'd pay for the water park fee over the park hopper, ( did I mention that we have had serious heat in late August?) and just plan accordingly! Hope you have an awesome trip!

I prefer the hopper option. Like mention before if the park is busy you can go to another one. Plus the AK is only open till 5 p.m in the winter and 7 p.m in the summer so that gives you the option to go to another park after this one closes.

I personally would never go to WDW without a Park Hopper! You can never truly predict crowd levels so hopping over to another park when one's too crowded is great. You don't have to worry about planning your days solely around ADRs because as long as you give yourself enough time for transportation, you can spend the day in Epcot and then head over to MK for dinner. I'm also not a huge fan of HS, so on the day I spend the morning in HS to do a few things, I can hop right over to Epcot without thinking I've wasted an entire day's admission on a park I only like a few things at.

I just got back from a trip with my best friend and we both used the park hopper option and it was WONDERFUL. My family always uses PH tickets when we go! It allows for so much more flexibility within your days and allows you to get more done within each day! It's also nice with regards to ADRs because you can have multiple ADRs a day and each can be at a different park! PH is great for people who want more flexibility and the freedom to go to whichever park they want whenever they want! Plus it's nice to go back to your resort to freshen up and get ready for the rest of your day! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter