Hopped 3 resorts this trip...Poly, POP & Beach Club...surprising opinion

We love the Poly and had planned on staying there on the next trip, but I have been considering BC, and now I am convinced I think we should try BC on the next trip!! I am very excited to try BC!

Thanks so much for posting your reviews, especially regarding the Beach Club. I originally booked the Poly for my birthday trip but when the special Buy 4/Get 3 free special came out, I rescheduled to take advantage of the $200 gift card and moved my vacation up a week. The Poly was not available, so I booked the Beach Club and felt a little dismayed, but after reading your review, I feel so much better.

thelionqueen,

So glad to hear you had a nice vacation! You've got me thinking again about BC. We are planning to spend 2-3 days at WDW before our Disney cruise in May and I was planning on going back to the Poly. We stayed there a couple of years ago and really liked it. I think we enjoyed the ease of the monorail the most.

So I have a couple of questions I'm hoping you can help me with.

1. What room or section did you stay in at BC? Room 1584, close to main check-in, marketplace, & dining (first floor)
2. Do you take buses to the other parks? Is that a pain?We actually rented a car, but have never had issue with Disney Transport to MK & AK
3. How long of a walk is it to Epcot?For us, from our room, Epcot was a total of a 5 minute walk (very scenic when taking the walkway UNDER the bridge, not over)
4. Is Stormalong Bay totally awesome? I think I want to go more than my kids.AMAZING, no other pool can compare!!

Thanks so much for your help.
Anytime!! Enjoy your trip:thumbsup2

The Poly and BC are my family's faves for different reasons. I do think expectations for the Poly can be inflated ... it is so expensive and, let's face it, $400-$500 per night can get you more luxurious accommodations and amenities outside a theme park. But it's Disney so I've learned to scale back mine. For us, it's the feeling of being in the tropics and the monorail and the large rooms that do it for us. We've never had terrific mousekeeping there ... rooms have been clean but we've frequently not gotten service before 3 p.m. - even when we requested earlier cleaning - and they want in exactly when my boys were napping.

The renovations at BC knocked our socks off too. Our most magical trips have been to BC - it totally suits us! Except for that trek to and from MK, it is perfect. Now we aren't bus fans so that is our personal bias. And, I wish the rooms were just a bit bigger.

Glad you had a great trip. We like split stays too though we haven't done it in a couple years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter