Hoping for Dining Suggestions!

NaplesRI

DIS Veteran

Heading to WDW March 2009, bringing 2 first timers with us! Our daughter in law, and our 6 yr old grandson will be experiencing Disney for the first time and we want to make it special while avoiding 6 yr old meltdown.
We are staying offsite to have more room (3 bed/3bath suite) so will appreciate any suggestions on your fav places including a character meal. I think we dont want to do breakfast, and it sounds like some of the lunches I was considering are being discontinued...
I know you all have been to Disney MANY more times than us, so please help!

Although we have only done Crystal Palace for breakfast at the Magic Kingdom, they do serve lunch and dinner and they have Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore and Piglet. Chef Mickey's for dinner with Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto and Donald Duck. We love LeCellier, Biergarten and Rose & Crown at Epcot; Mama Melrose at the Studios. For the Animal Kingdom, we have never done table service (we are trying Yak & Yeti this September), but we love Flame Tree Barbecue for lunch counter service. Also, at the Magic Kigdom we love the Plaza Restaurant. It is salads and sandwiches--but a nice change of pace from the heavier meals we eat (and your grandson will love the shakes and sunades or banana splits!).

Happy planning.

The prior poster had some great suggestions. I would add:

At the end of your day at AK, take the bus to the Animal Kingdom Lodge for dinner at Boma. Great food, and the lodge itself is gorgeous. You can explore the lobby, shop, get a drink, watch the animals at points all over the lodge, and talk with with the cast members, many of whom are from Africa.

The Biergarten and Teppen Edo at Epcot are fun for all ages. Kids love watching the hibachi chefs.

Sci Fi Dine In at the Studios is fun. Nothing fancy (we just get the burgers and milkshakes) but the setting (dining in cars while watching takcy 50's movie clips) is a blast.

The Rainforest Cafe is a bit overpriced, but the setting is a lot of fun for kids.

Hope you and your family have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter