Hoping 2 Go 2 Chef Mickey's Next weekend...

IHeartWayne

Mouseketeer
DH and I are going for a quick trip next weekend and I really had my heart set on going to CM's breakfast either Saturday or Sunday. When I called for ressies last week they had nothing available. What are the odds that we can get in? Should I keep calling? Call when we get there? Any tips are appreciated!!

Six months ago, I would have told you, get there early, and you won't have a problem. That always worked for us. In August, we were the first people in line when they opened, and they wouldn't seat us. What you have going for you is it is January, one of the "slow" months. So, what I suggest is get in line early, so you can try to be seated at 5:00. If you can't, go over to the Polynesian, and go to Ohana's. That is what we did. They were happy to seat us.

I suggest just call daily even twice daily. Yes you are going in what you would think would be a slow time, but there has been mention of conventions, and such recently. If they said there was nothing open, and it also being a weekend You may get turned away. Call daily best thing I could suggest, and maybe find an alternate choice that would make you equally happy. Good Luck

The Disney Dining Plan has just changed everything with eating at WDW. Even during slow times, the restaurants are booked. You can make your ADR's 180 days out now so in essence you are competing for tables with people who made their plans in July! And since those people on the DDP have pre paid for their meals they take getting those ADR's very seriously. I would keep calling every day, multiple times a day to get that hopeful/possible cancellation. And I hate to be a party pooper, but O'Hana is as popular as Chef Mickey's. So I wouldn't necessarily bet on that one either as a walk in ready place. In fact, when we have been there the last three trips, no place we ate at seemed to be taking walk ins.

Since you're going for breakfast I would make a back up ressie for Concourse Steakhouse. Back before the DDP getting in as an early walkin was always possible. Now, it's near impossible. The DDP is so popular and such a good value walkups anytime of year are hard. We even make ADRs for Trail's End now, something we never did before. Keep calling back, maybe something will open up. Are you a table for 2? They do seem to be able to get in more often.

When I was there earlier this month, the couple at the table next to me got there at about 6:40 without a reservation...and they were seated when the restuarant opened. The server told them that as long as you get there right when they open, they can usually seat you, but the smaller the party the better.

Thanks for all of your replies. We are a table for 2, so I was hoping we might get lucky. We got ressies for 'Ohana for dinner Saturday night no problem, so at least I have that one covered. Are there any other character breakfasts that might be easier to get into, that have Mickey and friends?
Thanks again...

Thanks for all of your replies. We are a table for 2, so I was hoping we might get lucky. We got ressies for 'Ohana for dinner Saturday night no problem, so at least I have that one covered. Are there any other character breakfasts that might be easier to get into, that have Mickey and friends?
Thanks again...

Cape May at the Beach Club has a very good charater breakfast. When we ate there in May, it was Minnie, Chip, Goofy and Pluto. I think Mickey was not there however. But its usually a bit easier to get into than the monorail resort breakfasts.

We may be cancelling a 10am ressie at CF on the 20th. Is there a way to transfer to another party? Is this the weekend you are looking for? The kids are taking a vote on which character breakfast to attend.

We may be cancelling a 10am ressie at CF on the 20th. Is there a way to transfer to another party? Is this the weekend you are looking for? The kids are taking a vote on which character breakfast to attend.

Wow! That is so nice of you to offer!! Thank you so much. I don't know how to go about transferring a ressie, but I really appreciate the thought!! :flower3: We will be there from Friday thru Sunday just a quick weekend trip, so if we don't make it to Chef Mickey's this time around -- I will plan ahead for next time for sure!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter