Hope you bought all your holidays items....

I have to agree, everyone knew the holiday items would be leaving, but at the same time if you advertise a party till 1 am and then dont do it, alot of people were counting on that time for last minute shopping. I mean how would christmas be if all the malls were closed the day before christmas!
If they crashed out on there own party for the whole night they should have at least extended the items through todays holiday.. whos with me? :teacher:

Learned from not buying enough royal stuff.:thumbsup2

I had no idea they would get rid of that royal stuff so fast, i mean it was in it's own little section and everything, i thought wrong. I went out this month and bought all of the christmas items, thank goodness i did that before they left the store.

I have to agree, everyone knew the holiday items would be leaving, but at the same time if you advertise a party till 1 am and then dont do it, alot of people were counting on that time for last minute shopping. I mean how would christmas be if all the malls were closed the day before christmas!
If they crashed out on there own party for the whole night they should have at least extended the items through todays holiday.. whos with me? :teacher:

..And this is my point and was the concensus for two hours last night while we all looked at a black screen hitting F5. At some point you have to call at finished. As we all know they do not opperate by concensus.

While it was almost certain the Christmas items would be gone by today, I think that because of the crash last night they should have left the items up for one more day. I was lucky enough to check vmk one more time before I went to bed last night and I got back on with 20 minutes before closing so I could finish stocking up on some items. But not everyone stays up as late as I do, and it really didn't seem like vmk would be back up until morning, so some players were not able to make the purchases they wanted to :(

So true! Anyone who's played vmk for any length of time knew the Holiday items would be gone this morning and that the Party Hats were to be a one-day only item. It makes sense the Party Hat woud be gone by this morning, it was a New Year's Eve hat, just like those we all get when attending New Year's Eve parties in real life. I wish I could have purchased a few more, but at 1000 a pop, I'm lucky to have picked up the few I did for my friends who weren't on yesterday. Gosh, I spent a lot of credits last month! lol

Actually, while I was expecting the Christmas stuff to be gone, I was also expecting that the New Year's Hat would still be here for today. The reason was because last year for New Year's Eve they had the Mad Hatter's hat for both New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. It makes sense, because not everyone would be home on NYE, but the holiday is still on January 1st. Given their previous procedure in regards to special New Year's hats I figured they would do the same thing again.

Well, this is just a fabulous start to the New Year for VMK. :sad2:

I'm sorry if I sound harsh, but if you advertise that the game will run until 4am EST and it's down for, what, almost 2 hours, that is NOT right to take everything out of the stores for the next morning. I got on at the last minute, got a game of Mansion in but still didn't have enough credits to buy a snowman hat. Now, if the game hadn't crashed, I would have. Is it their fault the game crashed? No, and I truly appreciate the work I'm sure went into getting it fixed so we could get in those last few minutes. But to yank everything from the stores when we were cut short those hours we were counting on makes no sense to me. It's virtual stuff. It has no monetary worth, so I truly do not see the benefit for Disney in terms of pulling this stuff out today.

Well, this is just a fabulous start to the New Year for VMK. :sad2:

I'm sorry if I sound harsh, but if you advertise that the game will run until 4am EST and it's down for, what, almost 2 hours, that is NOT right to take everything out of the stores for the next morning. I got on at the last minute, got a game of Mansion in but still didn't have enough credits to buy a snowman hat. Now, if the game hadn't crashed, I would have. Is it their fault the game crashed? No, and I truly appreciate the work I'm sure went into getting it fixed so we could get in those last few minutes. But to yank everything from the stores when we were cut short those hours we were counting on makes no sense to me. It's virtual stuff. It has no monetary worth, so I truly do not see the benefit for Disney in terms of pulling this stuff out today.

That is a shame :sad2: , vmk should of kept those items in the stores, at least through today.

One thing I think worth adding is, you cant predict VMK by looking into the past. The items have been retired 1 day, pick yourself up and go get them now if you need anything while its cheap.

We love when VMK is unpredictible to our advantage, of course we don't when it's not.

Game on!

What is the "royal" stuff?

last month, there were a buch of items under a tab named royal in the emporium that has since been retired. Also the ride-a-thon prizes were "royal" items.

castle prop, columns, clouds, those sorts of items.

One thing I think worth adding is, you cant predict VMK by looking into the past. The items have been retired 1 day, pick yourself up and go get them now if you need anything while its cheap.

We love when VMK is unpredictible to our advantage, of course we don't when it's not.

Game on!

VMK is definitely not predictable; I was sure the Royal stuff would be out for a long while since it had it's own section, but alas, no such luck. But I guess I'm just one of those people who doesn't love it when it's unpredictable to my advantage. I would like to see a VMK where people aren't caught off guard, things are fairly inexpensive for all, and everyone can reasonably obtain every item in the game. I know a lot of people do like the game when they bought a bunch of stuff, others didn't, and it's yanked from the stores, but that's not me. I give most of my extras away to people who miss out on them. Then again I've always despised trading, so naturally I have a different take on it. If I was a big trader, I probably would take the opposite viewpoint.

I just think it wasn't the best thing to do after the game was down like it was last night.

I would not be surprised if the items are moved based on a schedule. Like the holiday items were set to expire after close of VMK on 12/31/07, therefore removed from VMK systematically.

So unfortunately as the rule has always been with VMK (and to be honest sometimes applies to real life as well) :):

• Buy it as soon as you see it
  • Dont fall into the trap it will always be there, because chances are it wont
  • If you have extra credits, get it dont wait

I was fortunate enough to find some veteran friends that offered advice on what to stock up on last night. I was suprised how quickly the royal items went, I was thinking there would be more added (different color thrones and that great gazebo).

I had a great time last night. Thanks VMK! I must have gifted a half dozen party hats. I'm not much of a trader either, and it was fun to spread the New "Ear" fun! :goodvibes

VMK is definitely not predictable; I was sure the Royal stuff would be out for a long while since it had it's own section, but alas, no such luck. But I guess I'm just one of those people who doesn't love it when it's unpredictable to my advantage. I would like to see a VMK where people aren't caught off guard, things are fairly inexpensive for all, and everyone can reasonably obtain every item in the game. I know a lot of people do like the game when they bought a bunch of stuff, others didn't, and it's yanked from the stores, but that's not me. I give most of my extras away to people who miss out on them. Then again I've always despised trading, so naturally I have a different take on it. If I was a big trader, I probably would take the opposite viewpoint.

I just think it wasn't the best thing to do after the game was down like it was last night.

I totally thought the royal stuff would be there too, hey I lost that round. I tend to buy everything I really want pretty much right away. Learned that from the minnie hat. Sometimes I get stuck with way to much of something that ends up staying around way to long (everest suit comes to mind) but, Like you said, then I just have extras to give away.

I was fortunate enough to find some veteran friends that offered advice on what to stock up on last night. I was suprised how quickly the royal items went, I was thinking there would be more added (different color thrones and that great gazebo).

I had a great time last night. Thanks VMK! I must have gifted a half dozen party hats. I'm not much of a trader either, and it was fun to spread the New "Ear" fun! :goodvibes

We always see items in host rooms that we wish would become available to us, but there are quite a few that have never been released. We just never know! One good example would be the Director's Chairs in red and blue that were seen in the hosts rooms. The only colors available to us were yellow (park quest) and green (short lived sale, btw.) Nobody ever knows. Look at the HSM red dress or the Everest Jacket and Hat! Egad! We never expected that to be in the stores so long. It's a gamble. Buy what you can when you first see it, you never know if it will be there the next day or the entire year.
I, too, would have liked to see the Pink Thrones released, but maybe they will be in the future, maybe not.
I don't trade much either, but I sure do wish I'd picked up a few more NYE Party Hats! LOL

I agree with your rules for buying dis, although sadly they didn't apply to me. I have been broke since the beginning of 2007! :rotfl2: Grad school will do that to you; it leaves little time for VMK or other stuff. But yes, if you have the credits, by all means, buy it when it first comes out. Otherwise you're dragging yourself with a groan to trade rooms and trade boards like me. :laughing:

So true! Anyone who's played vmk for any length of time knew the Holiday items would be gone this morning and that the Party Hats were to be a one-day only item. It makes sense the Party Hat woud be gone by this morning, it was a New Year's Eve hat, just like those we all get when attending New Year's Eve parties in real life. I wish I could have purchased a few more, but at 1000 a pop, I'm lucky to have picked up the few I did for my friends who weren't on yesterday. Gosh, I spent a lot of credits last month! lol

Oh, and Dis? My friend feels your pain! It took him days to figure out there was a bug with the Mickey presents. He's very thankful that the two of you were able to figure out how to fix them. :) A bit of a pain to do, but he was finally able to gift his friends.
Heh, I've been playing since beta and I thought they might still be there a while... xD

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter