hope for last minuters!

mousiemom

55th wdw trip
I have an illness and it's called disneyitis! My dh and I have lost our everloving minds and book a last minute trip lastnight for dec. 15-20 for the free dining. I called today to make my adrs and i told the cm just tell me what you have open cause i've never called this late to make my adrs and so this is what i got at the last minute:

Spoodles for dinner
Citricos for dinner
The Wave for dinner
Yak & Yeti for lunch - we had lunch here the last free dining in sept and this is a must for my dh.

i thought we did pretty good. so there's hope!!!
mousiemom

Not bad!

If you told me you got Chef Mickey I was going to freak because we will be there about the same time and I have been calling and calling with no luck for that one:laughing:

mousiemom,

In my book you are an advance planner! We were at BCV the first week of October and decided at the last minute to add the dining plan. We had NO reservations at all. The concierge at BCV did a great job in finding us reservations each nite. We ended up being able to eat at:

Chef de France (2x's) It was sooo good we went back again!
Le Cellier
Cape May - a must for my DH he loves the mussels
Crystal Palace

We checked with them each day at about 3:00pm and they worked magic for us. We only had one late sitting and that was at Le Cellier. They told us to go right when the fireworks ended and they would seat us. It was very nice and quiet and romantic. So if there is somewhere you really want to try don't hesitate to check and see if they have openings. The concierge said people cancel, no show, and move around all the time. They treated it like a challenge to find us somewhere each nite--on Sun-Wed nites we even got a choice between 2 places, they warned us that Thursday was going to be tougher so we planned on eating at Cape May. Your selections sound wonderful!! I can't wait to try the Yak and Yeti on our next trip. Give us a food report when you get back!

I am also in the planning stages, and am going in a little over a month!

So far, we have lunch at Yak and Yeti (3:30, so it's like dinner) for the day AK is open early,
50's Prime Time for lunch,
Tokyo Dining for dinner at 6:00 (they were wide open, my kids LOVE Japanese food),
and I can get Hoop Dee Doo at 5:00 one night, just need to call back once I book the package.

Free Dining, also available, so I am probably booking it today. Could get PORFQ for 6 nights, one day ticket, dining, all for $1300. That was less than rack rate for the room alone. Still will have to upgrade our tickets - that is for 2 adults, one child priced as adult, and one child.

because this was a last minute trip, we had to do a value so the only resort open was sports. it is not our favorite but we are happy!!! we have pop booked for february. now, i will be changing my dining ressies (believe it or not) cause we decided we wanted to do the parks at night because of all the decorations, so i'm making our table services for lunch time and we will do the cs for night. we are so excited, our stomachs are hurting!!:banana:
oh, they had CSR open that week for all 3 of us, 1 day base tickets, and free dining - $1081
we got sports for $681
mousiemom

Not that I'll be booking it, but must have missed the notice about free dining during December.

What was/is the promotion/details on that?

We are also planning a last minute trip, Nov 29 to Dec 6th. My mom is undergoing infusion treatments and wanted to go when she was done. With persistent calling, 2X per day, I was able to get breakfasts for 6 at 1900 Park Faire, Tusker House, Chef Mickey's, CP, O'hana's, Boma and Hollywood and Vine. I also managed to grab dinner at Le Cellier, GFC, Kona and Tuttu Italiano and lunches at 50 PTC and WCC. Just have to tweak things a little for our plans. People really do cancel all the time. Good luck to those looking.

What free dining are you talking about? Im there from dec 14-19 and having a hard time finding anything - lunch or dinner.

Not that I'll be booking it, but must have missed the notice about free dining during December.

In September Disney Destinations sent out some emails that offered free dining pin codes for select dates in October, November and December. These emails were random, not for the general public, and the codes were non-transferrable. Last month Disney Visa send out a free dining code for their card holders for the same select dates in October, November and December. These pin codes are not part of the Fall Dining promotion.

Oh, this must be how they got free dining .....

DISNEY VISA MAGIC YOUR WAY FREE DINING PACKAGE

Rates low as:

$63 per person per day for a family of four in a standard room at a select Disney Value Resort
Includes Complimentary Magic Your Way Dining
Travel Dates:

November 9 - November 22, 2008
December 14 - December 24, 2008
Booking Code: _____

NOTE: You must use your Disney Visa to book this package. If you wish to upgrade to the Deluxe Dining Plan, the Booking Code is ____. - Three night minimum required. Availability is limited and certain restrictions apply - Book by 12/24/08

Thanks, PrincessTiffany. I hate to think that I'm missing out on knowing about offers.

We were there in Sept08 for free dining and booked the bounceback for Sept09. We are also going down there for the 4/3 offer in March.

I guess that's enough Disney for us right now.

Oh, this must be how they got free dining .....

DISNEY VISA MAGIC YOUR WAY FREE DINING PACKAGE

Rates low as:

$63 per person per day for a family of four in a standard room at a select Disney Value Resort
Includes Complimentary Magic Your Way Dining
Travel Dates:

November 9 - November 22, 2008
December 14 - December 24, 2008
Booking Code: _____

NOTE: You must use your Disney Visa to book this package. If you wish to upgrade to the Deluxe Dining Plan, the Booking Code is ____. - Three night minimum required. Availability is limited and certain restrictions apply - Book by 12/24/08

AHhh! That's almost the postcard I got - minus the Visa thing. Ive been kicking myself for throwing it out. Ive called CRO several times trying to find my pin code and they said they cant find it. I got 2 different offers in Oct and tossed the cards thinking I wasnt going. Now Im paying rack rate. :sad2:

I did find an old promo card and noticed there is a number next to the pin. Any chance they can use that to look me up? Im still kicking myself. I never throw those out and this time I figured it'd bum me out so they hit the trash the day I got them. Irony's not real funny.

I have an illness and it's called disneyitis! My dh and I have lost our everloving minds and book a last minute trip lastnight for dec. 15-20 for the free dining. I called today to make my adrs and i told the cm just tell me what you have open cause i've never called this late to make my adrs and so this is what i got at the last minute:

Spoodles for dinner
Citricos for dinner
The Wave for dinner
Yak & Yeti for lunch - we had lunch here the last free dining in sept and this is a must for my dh.

i thought we did pretty good. so there's hope!!!
mousiemom

Good For YOU! have a great time!

the disney visa offer: when you book certain dates in dec. you get the free dining. it's a great deal!! you have to put the $200 deposit on your d/visa.
mousiemom

i changed all of my ressies around today. :scared1: we decided instead to do a lot of our TS meals for lunch so we can enjoy the parks at night with all the lights. so, these are my adrs:
MK - tony's @ 2:05 balcony/watch the 3:00 parade
DHS - sci-fi @ 12:45 we want to enjoy osborne lights and fantasmic
Epcot - teppan edo @ 2:45 night-dtd to shop and wolfgang pucks exp.
AK - yak & yeti @ 2:30/ dinner @ san angel inn @ 6:45/watch candlelight processional @ 8:15

Can't Wait!!! Love disney during the holidays!!!!:cool1:
mousiemom

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter